Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with find command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with find command Post 302142543 by lodey on Saturday 27th of October 2007 06:50:25 AM
Old 10-27-2007
Using the command above is it possible to show what host last accesssed the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CC command problems

Apparently I do not have C on my Sun Blade. It's a fresh install, and I'l fairly new to using this box. When I type cc, I get the following: /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed... Does this mean I do not have C on this Blade? How can I get it and set it up? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpeery
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: problems escaping printf-command string

Hi Folks! Can you help me with this find -printf command. I seem to be unable to execute the printf-command from my shell script. I'm confused: :confused: My shell script snippet looks like this: #!/bin/sh .. COMMAND="find ./* -printf '%p %m %s %u %g \n'" echo "Command: ${COMMAND}"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grahamb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problems

Hey, I was hoping for some help, my point was to search for all "core" files with only digits in the extension Eg: 1) core.153498 < He should find it 2) core.1 < He should find it 3) core.919jasj < shouldn't find it 4) core.abdijs < shouldn't find it find . -name 'core.*' -printf "%s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyzouk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find & dirname:problems with white spaces in Directories

Hi all, my problem: (little extract from my bash-script) I want to move each file (.mov) from one directory (and many Subdirectories) to another directory (only one); after moving i want to create hardlinks to the old directories. Thatīs no problem, but now: source-directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubian
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find's -newer Flag

I am writing a script that looks in a reports directory, copies a specified script to a working folder, copies some data files into the working folder, runs the report, zips the new files, then uploads them. Right now to determine what files to zip (as I don't know how many report files there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find & -size

Hi I am trying to find files over a size given by the user. this is what I have so far echo "Enter a pathname to check (example = /home/jsk1gcc/testwork): " read input echo "Enter a the size (examples = 100k, 10M, 1G): " read size find $input -size +$size echo echo "Hit the Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with Find

the below cmd is not wrking in perl script find . -name "*e*" -exec wc -l {} \; its show the following error Can't modify system in scalar assignment at prjt.pl line 4, near ");" Execution of prjt.pl aborted due to compilation errors. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find | ls within a for statement

Hello, for dir in `find /root/test -type d` ;do echo "$dir" done for dir in `ls -1d /root/test/*/` ;do echo "$dir" done If there's a directory with spaces in name, it does echo each word of that dir separately... solution? mkdir "test" cd test mkdir "example_1_2_3"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with ksh array and find command

set -A allfiles `find $usrhtml -type f` i am trying to populate this array with the find command. It works fine when find is looking through a single directory but when i add a new subdirectory the files in the subdirectory get duplicated. Can anyone help me and fix this so each files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with script to find file names

Have a text file "test-array.txt" with contents below a23003 b23406 c23506 Tying to read the above file into an array and search for file-names in a directory TEST_DIR ,recursively with the above names in them. Example: If TEST_DIR has a files named xyxa_a23003_test.sql,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
4 Replies
JOCAMLMKLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						    JOCAMLMKLIB(1)

NAME
jocamlmklib - generate libraries with mixed C / Caml code. SYNOPSIS
ocalmklib [options] files DESCRIPTION
The jocamlmklib command facilitates the construction of libraries containing both Caml code and C code, and usable both in static linking and dynamic linking modes. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -cclib lib C library passed to jocamlc -a or jocamlopt(1) -a only. -ccopt opt C option passed to jocamlc(1) -a or jocamlopt(1) -a only. -custom Disable dynamic loading. -dllpath dir Add dir to the run-time search path for DLLs. -I dir Add dir to the path searched for Caml object files. -failsafe Fall back to static linking if DLL construction failed. -ldopt opt C option passed to the shared linker only. -linkall Build Caml archive with link-all behavior. -llib Specify a dependent C library. -Ldir Add dir to the path searched for C libraries. -jocamlc cmd Use cmd in place of jocamlc(1). -jocamlopt cmd Use cmd in place of jocamlopt(1). -o name Generated Caml library is named name.cma or name.cmxa. -oc name Generated C library is named dllname.so or libname.a. -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Rdir Same as -rpath. -verbose Print commands before executing them. -Wl, -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -rpath -Wl dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -Rdir Same as -dllpath dir. -Fdir Specify a framework directory (MacOSX). -framework name Use framework name (MacOSX). SEE ALSO
jocamlc(1), jocamlopt(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 19, 2004 JOCAMLMKLIB(1)