Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with find command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with find command Post 302142496 by Radar on Friday 26th of October 2007 02:16:31 PM
Old 10-26-2007
Code:
Samba-AD:/tmp/test # find . -path './stuff' -prune -o -name hi
./.skip/hi
./stuff
Samba-AD:/tmp/test # find . -path './.skip' -prune -o -name hi
./.skip
./stuff/hi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CC command problems

Apparently I do not have C on my Sun Blade. It's a fresh install, and I'l fairly new to using this box. When I type cc, I get the following: /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed... Does this mean I do not have C on this Blade? How can I get it and set it up? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpeery
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: problems escaping printf-command string

Hi Folks! Can you help me with this find -printf command. I seem to be unable to execute the printf-command from my shell script. I'm confused: :confused: My shell script snippet looks like this: #!/bin/sh .. COMMAND="find ./* -printf '%p %m %s %u %g \n'" echo "Command: ${COMMAND}"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grahamb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problems

Hey, I was hoping for some help, my point was to search for all "core" files with only digits in the extension Eg: 1) core.153498 < He should find it 2) core.1 < He should find it 3) core.919jasj < shouldn't find it 4) core.abdijs < shouldn't find it find . -name 'core.*' -printf "%s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyzouk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find & dirname:problems with white spaces in Directories

Hi all, my problem: (little extract from my bash-script) I want to move each file (.mov) from one directory (and many Subdirectories) to another directory (only one); after moving i want to create hardlinks to the old directories. Thatīs no problem, but now: source-directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubian
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find's -newer Flag

I am writing a script that looks in a reports directory, copies a specified script to a working folder, copies some data files into the working folder, runs the report, zips the new files, then uploads them. Right now to determine what files to zip (as I don't know how many report files there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find & -size

Hi I am trying to find files over a size given by the user. this is what I have so far echo "Enter a pathname to check (example = /home/jsk1gcc/testwork): " read input echo "Enter a the size (examples = 100k, 10M, 1G): " read size find $input -size +$size echo echo "Hit the Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with Find

the below cmd is not wrking in perl script find . -name "*e*" -exec wc -l {} \; its show the following error Can't modify system in scalar assignment at prjt.pl line 4, near ");" Execution of prjt.pl aborted due to compilation errors. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find | ls within a for statement

Hello, for dir in `find /root/test -type d` ;do echo "$dir" done for dir in `ls -1d /root/test/*/` ;do echo "$dir" done If there's a directory with spaces in name, it does echo each word of that dir separately... solution? mkdir "test" cd test mkdir "example_1_2_3"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with ksh array and find command

set -A allfiles `find $usrhtml -type f` i am trying to populate this array with the find command. It works fine when find is looking through a single directory but when i add a new subdirectory the files in the subdirectory get duplicated. Can anyone help me and fix this so each files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with script to find file names

Have a text file "test-array.txt" with contents below a23003 b23406 c23506 Tying to read the above file into an array and search for file-names in a directory TEST_DIR ,recursively with the above names in them. Example: If TEST_DIR has a files named xyxa_a23003_test.sql,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
4 Replies
LOCKTEST(1)							    Test Suite							       LOCKTEST(1)

NAME
locktest - Find differences in locking between two SMB servers SYNOPSIS
locktest {//server1/share1} {//server2/share2} [-U user%pass] [-U user%pass] [-s seed] [-o numops] [-a] [-O] [-E] [-Z] [-R range] [-B base] [-M min] DESCRIPTION
locktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour in locking between SMB servers. It will run a random set of locking operations against //server1/share1 and then the same random set against //server2/share2 and display the differences in the responses it gets. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -o numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -A Backtrack to find minimal number of operations required to make the response to a certain call differ. -O Enable oplocks. -u Hide unlock fails. -E enable exact error code checking -Z enable the zero/zero lock -R range set lock range -B base set lock base -M min set min lock length -k Use kerberos VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. locktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 LOCKTEST(1)