Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM From Linux Machine - Is it real? Post 302142477 by dmor on Friday 26th of October 2007 11:26:50 AM
Old 10-26-2007
W-o-w! :-)

Man, I Thank you very much! What an answer! The best ever!

I'm a RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), and still, it's sounds a little bit "Hard-task-to-do".

Thank you for you really really great answer! You are a great man!
I will try it soon!

Thanks again my friend,

Daniel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

Linux install from NIM

Has anyone ever done this and is it easy to do with SLES9/10? All I can find so far is this link http://www-941.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/Wikip5/16Jan07+Using+NIM+to+Install+VIO+and+Linux Can you still use all the feature of autoyast etc? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. AIX

LINUX in NIM

Hi Guys, Its me back with a new query. I got a P 595 without a CDROM, I have to do all the installation via NIM only.. I already got 2 LPAR's up and running. Now that I have request to install Linux in one LPAR.:confused: Can you help me how I can do it using NIM / via Kick start or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

8. AIX

find nim server of a machine

Hi, i would like to know how can i find , in a client machine , the nim server. the nim server that this machine have , if the machine have it Thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Real Time processes in Linux

I was trying to experiment with SCHED_RR and SCHED_FIFO. I tried benchmarking the SCHED_NORMAL with these two real time priorities. What I found is strange result. SHED_RR was the slowest then comes SCHED_FIFO and SCHED_NORMAL was the fastest one. All tests are run in same situation and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
3 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
rhsm-debug(8)						   Certificate Information Tool 					     rhsm-debug(8)

NAME
rhsm-debug - Compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
rhsm-debug module [options] DESCRIPTION
rhsm-debug compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
rhsm-debug has specific options available for each module, depending on what operation is being performed. The currently supported modules are: 1. system COMMON OPTIONS -h, --help Prints the specific help information for the given command. --proxy=PROXY Uses an HTTP proxy. The PROXY name has the format hostname:port. --proxyuser=PROXYUSERNAME Gives the username to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. --proxypassword=PROXYPASSWORD Gives the password to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. SYSTEM OPTIONS The system command pulls in debug information off of the current system --destination=DESTINATION The directory to place the resulting debug data. The default is /tmp. --no-archive Generates an uncompressed directory intead of a gzipped file. --sos Excludes data files that are also collected by the sosreport tool. BUGS
This tool is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this command-line tool, go to <https://bugzilla.redhat.com>, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
William Poteat<wpoteat@redhat.com>. The rhsm-debug tool was written by William Poteat. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is avail- able at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.3 May 23, 2013 rhsm-debug(8)