Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raw I/o
Operating Systems AIX Raw I/o Post 302142414 by ravager on Friday 26th of October 2007 04:50:18 AM
Old 10-26-2007
Also usfull commands

lsvg |lsvg -il

lsvg |lsvg -ip

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw vs. Filesystem?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to start this debate and I apologize if it is, but I have been wondering for some time which is better to use for a database, raw or filesystem? By better I mean don't just mean better performance but also ease of maintenance, etc. I know that several years ago it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
5 Replies

3. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raw disk

What do u mean by raw and cooked disk? What are the advantages of having raw disk? Thanks n regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Raw command

Hi, What is a Raw command and how does it work? We have to print out a large report from our database numerically and wanted to know how it can be done. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_user
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Raw volumes

The query is as follows : A typical server configs when using Oracle or any other type of DB is to install the OS + DB binaries on the internal disks of the relevant server e.g. Disk 1 : OS + SW + DB binaries Disk 2 : Mirror of disk 1 (used for resiliency) Then one uses an external array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Raw Devices

Can you please modify my script. This script is not working for i in /dev/sdf do /bin/raw /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` ${i} /bin/sleep 2 /bin/chown orasm:ordba /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` /bin/chmod 660... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Specify the raw format

Hey friends, i am trying to set up a raspbian wheezy vm on ma Unbuntu using qemu. when i try to run the setup command the error is: i tried to find something here in the forum but did not find anything. i was searching like 15 min pls dont roast me if there is a post explaining it. :)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxPlayer1809
3 Replies
COLOR.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COLOR.4TH(8)

NAME
color.4th -- FreeBSD color-detection boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of color.4th is a set of commands designed to simplify color logic. The commands of color.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the examples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in color.4th, it must be included through the command: include color.4th This line is present in /boot/loader.4th file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: loader_color? Returns FALSE if the loader_color environment variable is set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0''. Otherwise returns TRUE (unless booting serial). The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_color If set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0'', causes loader_color? to return FALSE, indicating to many modules that color should not be used. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/color.4th color.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: Use color where applicable: loader_color="YES" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The color.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
The color.4th set of commands was written by Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 6, 2013 BSD