Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Script Poker Game
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Poker Game Post 302142402 by Perderabo on Friday 26th of October 2007 02:49:00 AM
Old 10-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson
I'd simplify the whole thing by shuffling the deck and then dealing from it.
Very interesting approach! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update my game directly from a shell

I use a wget background process to downlaod a php file on my site. Is there any way i can do this without downloading a file like updating right from the shell itself? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey1090
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux game programing or just shell scripting

Well Acording to my job... Anyhelp plz. I need some basic scripting stuff. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Hangman Game

Any ideas on whats the best way to form a hangman game via bash shell. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: immyakram
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Text Based Game, This Error Makes NO sense. Please help

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Script for Dice Game; Issue with if...else loop to verify user guess is within range

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have written a script for a dice game that: (1) tells user that each of the 2 die are 6 sided (Spots=6); (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaurenRose
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tetris Game -- based on a shell script (new algorithm)

GitHub - deepgrace/tetris: Tetris implementation in all kinds of Programming Languages Usage: bash Tetris_Game ] ] ] ] Range: #!/bin/bash # Tetris Game // The Art Of Shell Programming box0=(4 30) box1=(4 30 4 32) box2=(4 30 5 32) box3=(4 28 4 30 4 32) box4=(4 28 4 30... (69 Replies)
Discussion started by: complex.invoke
69 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proper distribution of cards in terminal based crazy8's game in bash script

When I run the following script at the bottom it say cards remaining=44...It should be=35. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've spent hours trying to get this to work and I can't go any further until this part works. thank you in advance Cogiz #!/bin/bash # Date="November, 2016" #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text based game using shell script.

Hello guys I'm new to shell scripting and I need to make a game using shell script. I want to know if it is possible for me a total noob to shell scripting to make this game. The game concept is simple: First thing when you launch the script you get a menu in which you select if you want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Othmane
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with GREP + CUT - script for automatic update of STEAM GAME AR

Hello, I have a problem with the /etc/rc.d/init.d script to automatically update STEAM GAME ARK. I've converted 3 scripts into one, but something does not work correctly ... The problem is in the file latestavailableupdate.txt / line 36/39. It think the problem is with script, it wrongly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshishu
2 Replies

10. Programming

Game script

Hi everyone, I need some help seriously. The game is in text mode. It will be based on questions and answers and simple commands. A menu containing options of the game including: 1-Create a new player. 2-Identify as existing player. 3-Launch a new game: this action opens a new game for an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NaimZero
1 Replies
CANFIELD(6)							 BSD Games Manual						       CANFIELD(6)

NAME
canfield, cfscores -- the solitaire card game canfield SYNOPSIS
canfield cfscores [-a] [user] DESCRIPTION
If you have never played solitaire before, it is recommended that you consult a solitaire instruction book. In Canfield, tableau cards may be built on each other downward in alternate colors. An entire pile must be moved as a unit in building. Top cards of the piles are available to be played on foundations, but never into empty spaces. Spaces must be filled from the stock. The top card of the stock also is available to be played on foundations or built on tableau piles. After the stock is exhausted, tableau spaces may be filled from the talon and the player may keep them open until he wishes to use them. Cards are dealt from the hand to the talon by threes and this repeats until there are no more cards in the hand or the player quits. To have cards dealt onto the talon the player types 'ht' for his move. Foundation base cards are also automatically moved to the foundation when they become available. The command 'c' causes canfield to maintain card counting statistics on the bottom of the screen. When properly used this can greatly increase one's chances of winning. The rules for betting are somewhat less strict than those used in the official version of the game. The initial deal costs $13. You may quit at this point or inspect the game. Inspection costs $13 and allows you to make as many moves as possible without moving any cards from your hand to the talon. (The initial deal places three cards on the talon; if all these cards are used, three more are made available.) Finally, if the game seems interesting, you must pay the final installment of $26. At this point you are credited at the rate of $5 for each card on the foundation; as the game progresses you are credited with $5 for each card that is moved to the foundation. Each run through the hand after the first costs $5. The card counting feature costs $1 for each unknown card that is identified. If the information is toggled on, you are only charged for cards that became visible since it was last turned on. Thus the maximum cost of information is $34. Playing time is charged at a rate of $1 per minute. With no arguments, the program cfscores prints out the current status of your canfield account. If a user name is specified, it prints out the status of their canfield account. If the -a flag is specified, it prints out the canfield accounts for all users that have played the game since the database was set up. FILES
/usr/games/canfield the game itself /usr/games/cfscores the database printer /var/games/cfscores the database of scores BUGS
It is impossible to cheat. AUTHORS
Originally written: Steve Levine. Further random hacking by: Steve Feldman, Kirk McKusick, Mikey Olson, and Eric Allman. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD