Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: history log
Operating Systems AIX history log Post 302142300 by ravager on Thursday 25th of October 2007 10:19:30 AM
Old 10-25-2007
History command or fc -l is the way to look at your command. you can also look for .sh_history file in the home directory and read or copy this depending on what you need to do with this.

Some more things to follow
Thing to remember is that you should always login as your self and not as a shared users or root. This allows for extra security.

Then make sure root also has its own folder eg.. my system always has /root as my root users home directory and this makes sure no one can copy or change any of my files.

Add extra loging on your system using syslog

Put security first

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login history log file?

hi, i am the administrator of my sun solaris 8 server. i want to keep a log file for users who have login. example: in the end of the day, i want to open file that tells me during these days, what user, from which IP address, and from what time to time has login. please tell me how should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History and commnad log

Dear All I had a UNIX ( Sun solaris ) os. There are many user on that server. Now i want to find during last week who had log in to the sever and which commnad are executed by them? I also want to from which IP they had log in to the server. Is there any log file generated for user in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PID with a log/history perspective.

Hi All, Belated Merry Christmas. I have a requirement, where I need to know the entire history of all the pids, the time they got forked, when they ended and by which program. I had delved into contents of /var/log/messages, but of not much use, as it mainly houses xinetd and ntp pid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to zip users cmd history log files

I admit I am terrible with scripting, so when I was asked to store users' command history lines and zip them on monthly basis what I did was to create a file "user_history_Feb" with the following contents: Part A # more user_history_Feb cp -p /var/log/user_history/*history... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
bsmconv(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               bsmconv(1M)

NAME
bsmconv, bsmunconv - enable or disable the Basic Security Module (BSM) on Solaris SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/bsmconv [rootdir...] /etc/security/bsmunconv [rootdir...] DESCRIPTION
The bsmconv and bsmunconv scripts are used to enable or disable the BSM features on a Solaris system. The optional argument rootdir is a list of one or more root directories of diskless clients that have already been configured. See smdiskless(1M). To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client, a server, or a stand-alone system, logon as super-user to the system being converted and use the bsmconv or bsmunconv commands without any options. To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client from that client's server, logon to the server as super-user and use bsmconv, specifying the root directory of each diskless client you wish to affect. For example, the command: myhost# bsmconv /export/root/client1 /export/root/client2 enables BSM on the two machines named client1 and client2. While the command: myhost# bsmconv enables BSM only on the machine called myhost. It is no longer necessary to enable BSM on both the server and its diskless clients. After running bsmconv the system can be configured by editing the files in /etc/security. Each diskless client has its own copy of configu- ration files in its root directory. You might want to edit these files before rebooting each client. Following the completion of either script, the affected system(s) should be rebooted to allow the auditing subsystem to come up properly initialized. FILES
The following files are created by bsmconv: /etc/security/device_maps Administrative file defining the mapping of device special files to allocatable device names. /etc/security/device_allocate Administrative file defining parameters for device allocation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), auditd(1M), audit_startup(1M), audit.log(4), audit_control(4), attributes(5) NOTES
bsmconv and bsmunconv are not valid in a non-global zone. SunOS 5.10 26 May 2004 bsmconv(1M)