Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding Background Process Id Post 302142161 by krk_555 on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 06:09:23 PM
Old 10-24-2007
Hi,
can u send any sample code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. Programming

background process

I have made a shell that accept a command and parameters. It is working properly. I have tryed to implement background process in main(). But i dont know to implement them. Can anyone give me a lille example?? #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> /* The following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badshah
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

process in background

Hi Guys, I am facing some weird problem with my shell script. The script shows up a menu and for every ontion internally calls a shell script which start/stop various servers. When I am using '&' while calling the internal shell script so that the server run in the background. For exiting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agoyal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

background process

Hi, In shell script when I use script1 >> filelog the echo statments of script1 gets printed in the filelog but when I try to run script in background i.e, script1 & >> filelog nothing gets printed in the filelog. Anybody knows whats going on here. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_oops9
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background process

How, can I hide background process's output? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background process

can anybody plz tell me how can i find the background processes running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Process.

How to create a backgrond processes ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put FTP process as a background process/job in perl?

Hi, I am using net::ftp for transferring files now i am trying in the same Linux server as a result ftp is very fast but if the server is other location (remote) then the file transferred will be time consuming. So i want try putting FTP part as a background process. I am unaware how to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make background process interact with fg process

Hi, I have written a menu driven shell script in which as per the choice, I run the another script on background. For eg: 1. get info 2)process info 3)modify info All the operations have different scripts which i schedule in background using &. However I wish to display the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
0 Replies
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process - Iterator for process-based TAP sources VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process; my %args = ( command => ['python', 'setup.py', 'test'], merge => 1, setup => sub { ... }, teardown => sub { ... }, ); my $it = TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process->new(\%args); my $line = $it->next; DESCRIPTION
This is a simple iterator wrapper for executing external processes, used by TAP::Parser. Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "new" Create an iterator. Expects one argument containing a hashref of the form: command => @command_to_execute merge => $attempt_merge_stderr_and_stdout? setup => $callback_to_setup_command teardown => $callback_to_teardown_command Tries to uses IPC::Open3 & IO::Select to communicate with the spawned process if they are available. Falls back onto "open()". Instance Methods "next" Iterate through the process output, of course. "next_raw" Iterate raw input without applying any fixes for quirky input syntax. "wait" Get the wait status for this iterator's process. "exit" Get the exit status for this iterator's process. "handle_unicode" Upgrade the input stream to handle UTF8. "get_select_handles" Return a list of filehandles that may be used upstream in a select() call to signal that this Iterator is ready. Iterators that are not handle based should return an empty list. ATTRIBUTION
Originally ripped off from Test::Harness. SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Iterator, perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3)