Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED help (remove line::parse again::add line) Post 302142083 by ajcannon on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 08:38:47 AM
Old 10-24-2007
Whoops!

Sorry - I take that back - it doesn't seem to be being used at all. I should have kept my mouth shut!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Line Using Sed

Hello All, I am new to using sed, and I need to extract from the string data after : delimeter. Can you help me please with the sed command? Here's the input: ipAddress: 10.20.10.11 ioIpAddressNodeB: 10.20.10.10 ioIpAddressNodeA: 10.20.10.9 ipAddress: 0.0.0.0 Expected Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line

hello experts, I need a sed command that remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line. any suggestions? Thanks you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do you parse 1 line at a time of file1 ie. line(n) each line into new file

File 1 <html>ta da....unique file name I want to give file=>343...</html> <html>da ta 234 </html> <html>pa da 542 </html> and so on... File 2 343 234 542 and so on, each line in File 1 one also corresponds with each line in File 2 I have tried several grep, sed, while .. read, do,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: web_developer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED remove line feed and add to certain area

Hi All, I have a xml file and requirement is to remove the line feed and add line feed after some element. <?xml version="1.0" ?> <AUDITRECORDS> <CARF> <HED> <VN1>20090616010622</VN1> <VN2>0</VN2> <VN3>1090</VN3> <VN4>CONFIG_DATA</VN4> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Add and Remove Records only from first line/last line

Hi, I need help with a maybe total simple issue but somehow I am not getting it. I am not able to etablish a sed or awk command which is adding to the first line in a text and removing only from the last line the ",". The file is looking like follow: TABLE1, TABLE2, . . . TABLE99,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enjoy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse configuration file & add line in particular section

Greetings, I recently built a replicated DRBD, Heartbeat, & iSCSI Target Initiator storage server on Ubuntu 10.04 to offer shared storage to server Vmware ESX and Microsoft Clusters. Everything works flawlessly, however I wanted to make a script to create, remove, grow volumes to offer ESX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeudian
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed to remove only first line erroneously removes last line too

Hello everyone, This is my first posting. I have read the rules of this forum. I have searched many various threads and haven't found one that applies to my situation or suggestions to fix the issue. I do appreciate the help. I am trying to execute a basic UNIX script in a Solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dqrgk0
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Read line parse characters into variable and remove the line if the date is older than 50 days

I have a test file with the following format, It contains the username_date when the user was locked from the database. $ cat lockedusers.txt TEST1_21062016 TEST2_02122015 TEST3_01032016 TEST4_01042016 I'm writing a ksh script and faced with this difficult scenario for my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep: check if line exists, if not add line?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the following as I want to use multiple commands to search thousands of files. is there a way to speed things up? Example I want to search a bunch of files for a specific line, if this line already exists do nothing, if it doesn't exist add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
4 Replies
ECACCESS-EVENT-GRANT(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  ECACCESS-EVENT-GRANT(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-event-grant - Grant usage of an ECaccess Event SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-event-grant -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-event-grant [-debug] [-subscribe] [-notify] event-id user-list DESCRIPTION
Allow managing the Event permissions for a list of user(s). The permissions can be either subscribe, notify, both or none. In order to remove permissions to an Event for a list of users use this command with no -subscribe and -notify options. ARGUMENTS
event-id The identifier of the Event to grant. user-list The user(s) to give/remove the permissions. Multiple users should be separated by a column (e.g. abc,def). OPTIONS
-subscribe The user(s) specified in the user-list will be allowed to subscribe to the event-id (e.g. with the -eventIds option of the ecaccess-job-submit command). -notify The user(s) specified in the user-list will be allowed to send notifications to the event-id (e.g. with the ecaccess-event-send command). -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-event-grant -subscribe 167 abc,def,jhi Allow the users abc, def and jhi to subscribe to this Event. ecaccess-event-grant 167 jkl Remove all rights to the Event for the user jkl. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-event-clear, ecaccess-event-delete, ecaccess-event-send, ecaccess-event-list, ecaccess-event-create and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-EVENT-GRANT(1p)