Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming When I am writing my own interpreter... Post 302142043 by porter on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 04:28:50 AM
Old 10-24-2007
I think you need to turn the list you have into the chain of processes, where each process is one element in the chain, then you can associate the arguments with the appropriate process and then when the list is all assembled have a piece of code that goes through the whole list forking/pipe'ing and exec'ing as required.

Of course the whole linked list of processes becomes one job.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an command interpreter

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs. i need a very short and simple one, just for the compiling part, in UNIX Respect (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

m4 as script interpreter

#!/usr/bin/m4 when running m4 scripts with "#!/usr/bin/m4" they are executed properly, but "#!/usr/bin/m4" is printed out - how to avoid it? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
5 Replies

3. Programming

Java Interpreter

Hello guys - do you have any sample program implementing UNIX commands in an interpreter with Java? I can look up the simple ones such "ls" etc and then write my own commands. I would appreciate it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple interpreter declarations

Hi, I am writing a shell script that connects to a remote server and performs some tasks on the server and exits. Since i am using a ssh connection, i am using a "expect" utility to supply the password automatically (which is present within the script). In order to use this utility, i need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

6. Linux

interpreter files

Can you explain me what is ment by interpreter files ?? Why and how they are used?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically choosing the interpreter

Hi, Is it possible to choose the inerpreter conditionally. For example, if whereis bash returns /usr/bin/bash then i need to choose #!/usr/bin/bash else i need to use #!/usr/bin/sh. Is it possible to achieve in a shell script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
CHAIN(3)						 MBK UTILITY STRUCTURE DEFINITIONS						  CHAIN(3)

NAME
chain - mbk lisp-like service structure DESCRIPTION
The chain is used for any purpose, when a list of pointer is required. The use of this structure is strongly recommanded, when such a need occurs. The declarations needed to work on chain are available in the header file "/labo/include/mut315.h", where '315' is the actual mbk version. The following C structure supports the description of the chain : typedef struct chain { struct chain *NEXT; void *DATA; } chain_list; NEXT Pointer to the next chain of the list. DATA Generic pointer used to point to any kind of object. Do not forget to cast the pointer back to its previous type when using this field. Remark : a specialized memory allocator has been built in order to create and free chain_lists, so absolutly avoid to create or free them an other way than through the access functions. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), addchain(3), freechain(3), delchain(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 CHAIN(3)