Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to setup Parallel Cluster in Linux Post 302142029 by porter on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 02:49:41 AM
Old 10-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel.gurjar
LTSP4.2, Tally7.2, Openoffice, Apache for Php-Mysql based applications.
You have a mix of client and server software in there. Where will the mysql database live?

I recommend rather than trying to get clustering to solve the problems, separate out the functions into the classic n-tiers.

I must admit I know nothing about Tally.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to setup the veritas cluster

hi frnz, let me know how to configutre the veritas cluster.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

cluster setup and nfs

hello, During the cluster installation, we are required to enter a cluster name. When this name is used? I have a shared disk between those 2 nodes. To test NFS failover, what should I do? PS: I am using VCS 5 thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun cluster setup question

I have 2 sun blade 1500 with Qlogic card and T3 storedge. I can connect to the T3 storedge through my boxes. Now I want to setup cluster, in order to setup I need to buy a Fiber Channel switch. Can I buy any fiber channel switch? Can you recommend some old switches? I can get it from ebay. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Linux cluster

Hi, I am not sure if the term "cluster" fits my situation or not. I have 5 Linux computers, each has different a host-name, and my users have to remember those the computer names to login and find out which computers have free CPUs, so they can run their jobs on those computers have free CPUs. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the parallel execution command available in Ubuntu Linux?

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit. I would like to execute a command in two or more servers (multiple remote hosts) in parallel. The commands "shmux" or "on" are not available in Ubuntu. Could anyone tell me what other equivalent commands available in Ubuntu to accomplish this task? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux cluster

Hi all, we have setup one cluster with two nodes. -drbd -corosync -pacemaker -mysql -piranha sometimes, we loose connection between the two nodes (node 1 and node 2). When this happens, the two nodes starts both the services as masters,because they don't see each other. is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Cluster or HA

hi guys Back in 2009 and 2010 I configured some clusters using Linux HA Heartbeat version 2.1.4 for suse 10 SP3 now I see Linux HA heartbeat is kind of outdated last release 2011, since I have to configure 2 new clusters I was wondering what do you recommend for cluster tool nowadays? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)