Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX API about system performance monitor Post 302141855 by Frank2004 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2007 02:54:33 AM
Old 10-23-2007
thank you very much!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for a general purpose System Monitor

Does anyone have any scripts or suggestions on a general purpose Unix/Linux monitoring tool? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
5 Replies

2. AIX

Performance Monitor

I am an old HP 3000 systems administrator who had to retire the 3000 for some nice pseries AIX boxes. We are a Symitar site and the powers that be do not think we are ready for root acess. I need to find ways within my chains to view system statistics. Being able to wow someone in management... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
3 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Programming

system monitoring api

Hi all, I am looking for api to get me system monitoring statictics every 5 minutes. I am looking at the following statistics: 1. System CPU Usage 2. Process CPU Usage 3. Process Memory Usage 4. I/O Usage for a certain disk. 5. Process I/O bytes/sec utilization. I have seen very... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

5. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

6. Programming

C/C++ System Programming API for AIX

Hi, I'm trying to locate the API information that is used for system programming on IBM's AIX operating system and other programming resources for AIX (language C/C++), I've had a look around the IBM website/Internet but I don't seem to be able to find anything that is up to date. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlockuk
1 Replies

7. Programming

Tools to monitor system performance in Android or linux

Hi, May i know the tools which will give the below details in a consolidated fashion for some 'X' duration in single and multicore processors, 1) How many times and how long scheduler code and kernel threads are executing ? 2) Details about each process, time spent in each state (run, wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkarthi85
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies
SUNW.SCTelemetry(5)					     Sun Cluster Miscellaneous					       SUNW.SCTelemetry(5)

NAME
SUNW.SCTelemetry, SCTelemetry - resource type for collecting data on system resource usage DESCRIPTION
SUNW.SCTelemetry is the resource type that enables you to collect data on the usage of system resources. SUNW.SCTelemetry stores system resource usage data in a Java DB database for seven days. The resource of type SUNW.SCTelemetry has a dependency on the resource of type SUNW.derby. For more information, see the SUNW.derby(5) man page. The extension properties associated with the SUNW.SCTelemetry resource type are as follows: Extended_accounting_cleanup(boolean) Specifies whether the extended accounting log file is cleaned up, that is whether historical data is deleted. Possible values for Extended_accounting_cleanup are TRUE and FALSE. Category Optional Default TRUE Tunable Anytime Monitor_retry_count(integer) Controls fault-monitor restarts. The property indicates the number of times that the process monitor facility restarts the fault moni- tor. The property corresponds to the -n option passed to the pmfadm(1M) command. The Resource Group Manager (RGM) counts the number of restarts in a specified time window. See the Monitor_retry_interval property for more information. Note that Monitor_retry_count refers to the restarts of the fault monitor itself, not to the resource of type SUNW.SCTelemetry. Category Optional Default 2 Tunable Anytime Monitor_retry_interval(integer) Indicates the time window in minutes during which the RGM counts fault-monitor failures. The property corresponds to the -t option passed to the pmfadm(1M) command. If the number of times the fault monitor fails exceeds the value of the Monitor_retry_count prop- erty, the process monitor facility does not restart the fault monitor. Category Optional Default 2 minutes Tunable Anytime Probe_timeout(integer) Specifies the timeout value, in seconds, for the probe. Category Optional Default 30 seconds Tunable Anytime Sampling_interval(integer) Specifies how often monitoring data is collected. The Telemetry_sampling_interval property must have a value of between 30 and 3600. Category Mandatory Default 60 Tunable Anytime SEE ALSO
pmfadm(1M), SUNW.derby(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 12 Jul 2005 SUNW.SCTelemetry(5)