Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What else do you do?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What else do you do? Post 302141844 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 23rd of October 2007 12:33:14 AM
Old 10-23-2007
Wow ! I see similar interests being posted here.

Am a big fan of Chess .. Chess and Chess all the time.
When it comes to strategy game on the field you can see me playing football.

Those were nice times when I used to play Chess all the time.
Apart from that I do write poems in Tamil, I love doing that. Smilie

yics(6) 							   Games Manual 							   yics(6)

NAME
yics - Yahoo! Chess client for use with FICS interfaces SYNOPSIS
yics [ -l logfile ] DESCRIPTION
YICS connects to the free Yahoo! Chess lobbies and emulates a FICS server. It can be used with most FICS interfaces (xboard(6), for exam- ple) to play on Yahoo! Chess. OPTIONS
YICS currently accepts only one option: -l logfile Saves a connection log (excluding login information) to logfile, which can be attached to a bug report if requested by the author. COMMAND REFERENCE
A reference of commands, and other useful documentation, may be found on the YICS wiki: <http://wiki.yics.org>. YICS AS A HELPER PROGRAM
YICS was designed to be used as a helper program with FICS interfaces. With xboard the use is fairly straightforward: xboard -ics -icshost Yahoo -icshelper yics Note that the parameter to -icshost has no effect, aside from setting the xboard title. eboard is a little tricky, but can be done: ln -s $(which yics) timeseal.$(uname -s) ; eboard Choose "Peer > Connect to FICS" in eboard to connect. SEE ALSO
xboard(6). AUTHOR
YICS was written by Chris Howie <chris@yics.org>. This manual page was written by Chris Howie <cdhowie@nerdshack.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 03 Feb 2006 yics(6)