Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parsing url string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing url string Post 302141732 by ghostdog74 on Monday 22nd of October 2007 05:48:36 AM
Old 10-22-2007
Code:
s="http://resource.ibab.ac.in/cgi-bin/pubmed_abstract/y.cgi?pmid=+1.10529272+&pmid=+3.8379586+&pmid=123456"
awk -v string="$s" 'BEGIN { 
startpmid = index(string,"pmid")
string=substr(string,startpmid)
gsub(/[&=+]|pmid/," ",string)
print string 
}'

output:
Code:
# ./test.sh
   1.10529272     3.8379586    123456

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match url in string / PERL

Am trying to remove urls from text strings in PERL. I have the following but it does not seem to work: $remarks =~ s/www\.\s+\.com//gi; In English, I want to look for www. then I want to delete the www. and everything after it until I hit a space (but not including the space). It's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrealty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting URL request string including escape characters

Hi All, I have a text file containing two fields, the first field holds the website name and the second one holds the rest of the URL (Request part). My requirement is to split the request part based on the characters "=" and "&". The process should also consider the URL escape characters, for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2022
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

API Based URL Parsing

Hi Friends, We have a situation where we need to pass API based URL which will return XML response ,and I need to convert those XML response to a delimited flat file. url.txt -- will have http://xyz.com/beta/xxx.xml?isDRR=True&city=London&province=England... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Append query string via URL rewrite in apache

Hi, Googled around but I couldn't find anything similar. I'm looking to do the following in apache.. if a user comes into the following URL. http://www.example.com/some/thing.cid?wholebunch_of_stuff_here keep the URL exactly as is BUT add &something at the very end of it. thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Page Not Found error while parsing url

Hi I just tried to post following link while answering, its not parsing properly, just try on your browser Tried to paste while answering : https://www.unix.com/302873559-post2.htmlNot operator is not coming with HTML/PHP tags so attaching file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Url encoding a string using sed

Hi I was hoping some one would know if it is possible to url encode a string using sed? My problem is I have extracted some key value pairs from a text file with sed, and will be inserting these pairs as source variables into a curl script to automatically download some xml from our server. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
5 Replies
PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)

NAME
pmdaEventNewArray, pmdaEventResetArray, pmdaEventReleaseArray, pmdaEventAddRecord, pmdaEventAddMissedRecord, pmdaEventAddParam, pmdaEvent- GetAddr - utilities for PMDAs to build packed arrays of event records C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> #include <pcp/impl.h> #include <pcp/pmda.h> int pmdaEventNewArray(void); int pmdaEventResetArray(int idx); int pmdaEventReleaseArray(int idx); int pmdaEventAddRecord(int idx, struct timeval *tp, int flags); int pmdaEventAddMissedRecord(int idx, struct timeval *tp, int nmissed); int pmdaEventAddParam(int idx, pmID pmid, int type, pmAtomValue *avp); pmEventArray *pmdaEventGetAddr(int idx); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
A Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) that wishes to export event records (or trace records) is encouraged to use a metric of type PM_TYPE_EVENT to encode a group of event records into a single packed array. The packed array of event records format is defined in <pcp/pmapi.h> and consists of a pmEventArray structure, containing a variable number of pmEventRecord structures, each of which contains a variable number of pmEventParameter structures, which in turn may contain a variable length value for each parameter of each event record. The routines described here are designed to assist the PMDA developer in building a packed array of event records, and managing all of the memory allocations required to hold each instance of an array of event records in a contiguous buffer. Normal use would be as part of PM- DA's pmdaFetchCallBack method. pmdaEventNewArray is used to create a new event array. The return value is a small integer that is used as the idx parameter to the other routines to identify a specific event array. If needed, a PMDA can create and use multiple event arrays. To start a new cycle and refill an event array from the beginning, call pmdaEventResetArray. If the PMDA has finished with an event array, pmdaEventReleaseArray may be used to release the underlying storage and ``close'' the event array so that subsequent attempts to use idx will return PM_ERR_NOCONTEXT. To start a new event record, use pmdaEventAddRecord. The timestamp for the event record is given via tp and the flags parameter may be used to set the control field that determines the type of the event record - flags may be the bit-wise ``or'' of one or more of the PM_EVENT_FLAG_* values defined in <pcp/pmapi.h> (but note that PM_EVENT_FLAG_MISSED should not be used in this context). If event records have been missed, either because the PMDA cannot keep up or because the PMAPI client cannot keep up, then pmdaEventAd- dMissedRecord may be used. idx and tp have the same meaning as for pmdaEventAddRecord and nmissed is the number of event records that have been missed at this point in the time-series of event records. pmdaEventAddMissedRecord may be called multiple times for a single batch of event records if there are more than one ``missed event record'' episode. Once an event record has been started by calling pmdaEventAddRecord, one or more event parameters may be added using pmdaEventAddParam. The pmid and type parameters decribe the PMID of the parameter and the data type (one of the PM_TYPE_* values from <pcp/pmapi.h>) of the value that is passed via avp. type should one where the size of the value is implied by the type or by the length of a string value (for PM_TYPE_STRING) or encoded within avp->vbp (for PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE). Once the packed array has been constructed, pmdaEventGetAddr should be used to initialize the ea_type and ea_len fields at the start of the pmEventArray and return the base address of the event array that is assigned to the vp field of the pmAtomValue structure that the pmdaFetchCallBack method should return. EXAMPLE
The following skeletal code shows how these routines might be used. int sts; int myarray; int first = 1; pmEventArray eap; if (first) { first = 0; if ((myarray = pmdaEventNewArray()) < 0) { // report error and fail } } pmdaEventResetArray(myarray); // loop over all event records to be exported ... { struct timeval stamp; int flags; // establish timestamp and set flags to 0 or some combination // of PM_EVENT_FLAG_POINT, PM_EVENT_FLAG_START, PM_EVENT_FLAG_ID, // etc if ((sts = pmdaEventAddRecord(myarray, &stamp, flags)) < 0) { // report error and fail } // loop over all parameters for this event record ... { pmID pmid; int type; pmAtomValue atom; // construct pmid, type and atom for the parameter and // its value if ((sts = pmdaEventAddParam(myarray, pmid, type, &atom)) < 0) { // report error and fail } } // if some event records were missed (could be at the start // of the exported set, or at the end, or in the middle, or // a combination of multiple missed record episodes) ... { int nmiss; struct timeval stamp; if ((sts = pmdaEventAddMissedRecord(myarray, &stamp, nmiss)) < 0) { // report error and fail } } } // finish up eap = pmdaEventGetAddr(myarray); SEE ALSO
pmdaEventNewQueue(3), pmdaEventNewClient(3), PMDA(3) and pmEventFlagsStr(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)