Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vxrestore
Operating Systems HP-UX Vxrestore Post 302141719 by razisolaris on Monday 22nd of October 2007 05:11:29 AM
Old 10-22-2007
Vxrestore

Hi All,

Iam in trouble, hope with all yours contribution, ican solve this VXRESTORE issue.

Iam taking backup of my file system in DLT tape with the help of
#vxdump -0 -u -f /dev/rmt/0mn<file system> . It is done successfully , I can view the files which is backup on tapes with the help of #vxrestore -i

But the problem is iam unable to restore it back with the help of #add <ex.unix> then #extract.

The messages iam getting :
vxrestore:wrong volume(1)
vxresotre:you have not read any tapes yet unless you know which volume your file(s) are on you should start with the last volume and work towards the first.

Please help me to vxrestore my selected file in the different or same location of the file system with DLT backup.

I appreciate your valuable help .

tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)