Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users process automation ...help needed Post 302141644 by drl on Sunday 21st of October 2007 06:34:39 AM
Old 10-21-2007
Hi.

As an aside, from my reading of the blurb at Ab Initio Software Corporation: About Ab Initio it looks like it is intended to solve these kinds of automation problems for you ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Runaway process. Opinions needed

not too long ago, i wrote a very short script that will bring up 4 customized xterms. The script went completely abnormal simply because of an error I had made in a while loop. This script took control of the system and rendered everything useless. The system admin team which i was part of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automation...

Hi All, I need to run the same command on many servers. I am using ssh for the same. Following is the script that I am using to fire the same command on multiple machines. #!/bin/bash # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login #SERVERS="iqmevrick,iqmango" # SSH User name USR="root" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed to understand the process entry in ps -ef

Hi Guys, I am running a script which will refresh the views in my database. After running the script, when i ran ps -ef | grep "script_name" I found there are two entries for the same script process (actually 3 including the grep process). /bin/ksh path/scriptname sh -c... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in killing a process

I'm trying to kill a process which is in sleep mode and the parent PID is 1 but I can't kill it with "kill -9" command. Is there a way to kill this process without rebooting? Any help will be appreciated. Steve (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of manual process

my problem step by step... 1.I have 5 files at the location (/usr/abc) for example file1, file2, file3, file4 and fe.ok 2. I have to transfer 2 of the above files from which one is fixed file (fe.ok) for example file1 and fe.ok to usr/dob using cp command. 3.After transferring i will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating an automation process in unix .

hi i need shell script in ksh for the automation process in informtica. The automation process is like this . i have a folder in unix . when this folder gets updated (like if a file or files is/are added to the folder) an event in informatica is triggered and after the process is done in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar8887
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in automation

Hi, I wanted to automate the scp command where i do not want to enter the password each time. So thought of using expect command. Script is executing without any issues but files are not copied to remote server. Can any one help me? Below is my shell script.. #!/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Idea needed regarding process related script

I want to write a script which will take two time as input parameters and display the details of running processes between the two times, any ideas about the script ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help needed to manage FTP automation

Hi, I am very new in shell scripting. Have managed to prepare a script which will work to download data to local directory. But facing below problem. :wall: Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Problem: 1. I am unable to use delete command to delete data in the ftp location (I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)