Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users process automation ...help needed Post 302141638 by dr46014 on Sunday 21st of October 2007 03:41:35 AM
Old 10-21-2007
i agree to the fact you have mentioned.
can u please suggest any alternative approach to do the same

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Runaway process. Opinions needed

not too long ago, i wrote a very short script that will bring up 4 customized xterms. The script went completely abnormal simply because of an error I had made in a while loop. This script took control of the system and rendered everything useless. The system admin team which i was part of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automation...

Hi All, I need to run the same command on many servers. I am using ssh for the same. Following is the script that I am using to fire the same command on multiple machines. #!/bin/bash # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login #SERVERS="iqmevrick,iqmango" # SSH User name USR="root" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed to understand the process entry in ps -ef

Hi Guys, I am running a script which will refresh the views in my database. After running the script, when i ran ps -ef | grep "script_name" I found there are two entries for the same script process (actually 3 including the grep process). /bin/ksh path/scriptname sh -c... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in killing a process

I'm trying to kill a process which is in sleep mode and the parent PID is 1 but I can't kill it with "kill -9" command. Is there a way to kill this process without rebooting? Any help will be appreciated. Steve (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of manual process

my problem step by step... 1.I have 5 files at the location (/usr/abc) for example file1, file2, file3, file4 and fe.ok 2. I have to transfer 2 of the above files from which one is fixed file (fe.ok) for example file1 and fe.ok to usr/dob using cp command. 3.After transferring i will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating an automation process in unix .

hi i need shell script in ksh for the automation process in informtica. The automation process is like this . i have a folder in unix . when this folder gets updated (like if a file or files is/are added to the folder) an event in informatica is triggered and after the process is done in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar8887
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in automation

Hi, I wanted to automate the scp command where i do not want to enter the password each time. So thought of using expect command. Script is executing without any issues but files are not copied to remote server. Can any one help me? Below is my shell script.. #!/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Idea needed regarding process related script

I want to write a script which will take two time as input parameters and display the details of running processes between the two times, any ideas about the script ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help needed to manage FTP automation

Hi, I am very new in shell scripting. Have managed to prepare a script which will work to download data to local directory. But facing below problem. :wall: Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Problem: 1. I am unable to use delete command to delete data in the ftp location (I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies
CPG_ZCB_MCAST_JOINED(3) 			    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 			   CPG_ZCB_MCAST_JOINED(3)

NAME
cpg_mcast_joined - Multicasts a zero copy buffer to all groups joined to a handle SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/uio.h> #include <corosync/cpg.h> int cpg_zcb_mcast_joined(cpg_handle_t handle, cpg_guarantee_t guarantee, const void *buffer,int msg_len ); DESCRIPTION
The cpg_zcb_mcast_joined function will multicast a zero copy buffer message to all the processes that have been joined with the cpg_join(3) funtion for the same group name. Messages that are sent to any of the groups joined to the parameter handle will be delivered to all sub- scribed processes in the system. The argument guarantee requests a delivery guarantee for the message to be sent. The cpg_guarantee_t type is defined by: typedef enum { CPG_TYPE_UNORDERED, /* not implemented */ CPG_TYPE_FIFO, /* same as agreed */ CPG_TYPE_AGREED, /* implemented */ CPG_TYPE_SAFE /* not implemented */ } cpg_guarantee_t; The meanings of the cpg_guarantee_t typedef are: CPG_TYPE_UNORDERED Messages are guaranteed to be delivered, but with no particular order. This mode is unimplemented in the CPG library. CPG_TYPE_FIFO Messages are guaranteed to be delivered in first sent first delivery order. In fact, this guarantee is equivalent to the CPG_TYPE_AGREED guarantee. CPG_TYPE_AGREED All processors must agree on the order of delivery. If a message is sent from two or more processes at about the same time, the delivery will occur in the same order to all processes. CPG_TYPE_SAFE All processes must agree on the order of delivery. Further all processes must have a copy of the message before any delivery takes place. This mode is unimplemented in the CPG library. The msg argument describes the zero copy buffer which is used to transmit a message. this buffer must be allocated by cpg_zcb_alloc(3). The msg_len argument describes the number of bytes to be transmitted in the zero copy buffer. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CPG_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
cpg_overview(8), cpg_initialize(3), cpg_finalize(3), cpg_fd_get(3), cpg_dispatch(3), cpg_join(3), cpg_leave(3), cpg_mcast_joined(3), cpg_membership_get(3) cpg_zcb_alloc(3) cpg_zcb_free(3) cpg_zcb_mcast_joined(3) cpg_context_get(3) cpg_context_set(3) cpg_local_get(3) corosync Man Page 3004-08-31 CPG_ZCB_MCAST_JOINED(3)