Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Social Security number?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Social Security number? Post 302141612 by shanekol on Saturday 20th of October 2007 01:18:59 PM
Old 10-20-2007
Getting a social security number for non-working purpose.

Hi, I'm a foreign student and I'm looking toward taking major in nursing, but since I do not have a social security number, I can't participate in clinical experience at hospital. Instructor said that if I get social security number I'll be able to participate in clinical experience. Is there a type of social security number for educational purpose? If there is one, how can I get it?
Thanks.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help removing dashes from social security number

I have a file containing social security numbers with the format ###-##-####. I need to read each record in this file, reformat the SSN to the format #########, and write the record with the reformatted SSN to a new file. I am a UNIX newbie. I think I need to use either the sed or awk commands, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcia P
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Does anyone know any ways to protect social security number?

Hello everybody, I have been using my social security number for my taxation purposes. But, I have been recently intimidated by my lawyer that since the crime of identity theft has been on the high I should be careful in using it. I am really concerned about this and need to know whether there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanekol
1 Replies