Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login Process takes longer
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Login Process takes longer Post 302141587 by panchpan on Saturday 20th of October 2007 04:56:46 AM
Old 10-20-2007
Login Process takes longer on AIX

How to turn off DNS resolutions - First of all what is DNS, and why is it coming in picture here on UNIX? Direct telnet from server back to itself is also slow. I mean, it shows connected to server but login: prompt comes delayed only. There are no performance issues also on applications.

Please advice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process that takes too long

Hello, I have a C program that takes anywhere from 5 to 100 arguments and I'd like to run it from a script that makes sure it doesnt take too long to execute. If the C program takes more than 5 seconds to execute, i would like the shell script to kill it and return a short message to the user. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeezelDs
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can no longer login.

I registered last week, received the emails and activated my account. It worked splendidly. Today, I logged in, performed a search, then was prompted to login each time I moved to the next page in the search results. I requested and received a new password but UNIX.com thanks me for logging... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebigm
0 Replies

3. Linux

it takes long time to login on server

Hi, I am trying to login using ssh on Red Hat Linux 5 server, The password appears immediately but after I enter the password it takes about 90 seconds to login completely. Please suggest what changes require? Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Syb15 Query takes longer, help me out

When i run the below query in syb15 (with syb 12.5.X backward compatibilty) environment it runs 45min where as the same in syb12.5.1 it takes only 7-10min. But the main thing is stld_date(in the below query) does not covered in the index of that table. Also main_table is a huge table. So is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsam
1 Replies

5. Programming

select() system call takes longer than the timeout specified

Below is my code. Every once in a while the select call takes as long as 150 seconds (discovered by printing time before and after this statement) while the timeout specified into it is only 1 second. Any clue why? I can't believe that select call which has been around for centuries can have a bug,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Password process takes a long time

We are running unix. After a reboot of the server we have found that changing password takes a long time. if type in passwd "username" you can type in the 1st instance of the password , press enter , then it will wait for about 3 minutes before bringing up the confirm password line typing it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlewis
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Login takes 44secs to 50secs

Hi, Anyone can help me, I have 10 servers all was Solaris 10 installed. The 9 servers was so fast ounce you login. But only 1 server will take 44secs to 55secs to login. I check all the hardware side it was ok. I'm using ssh, putty, ftp and telnet to login. Can you please me for any work... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

Login to server takes time

When I am trying to login to a server using Putty ssh from my windows xp machine it is taking too much time for login. My server name is http2 and when I enter this address into putty I immediately get login as: screen, but after I put my username root and enter the cursor moves downwards... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
14 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

database takes long time to process

Hi, we currently having a issue where when we send jobs to the server for the application lawson, it is taking a very long time to complete. here are the last few lines of the database log. 2012-09-18-10.35.55.707279-240 E244403536A576 LEVEL: Warning PID : 950492 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)