Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to setup Parallel Cluster in Linux Post 302141481 by sysgate on Friday 19th of October 2007 08:08:39 AM
Old 10-19-2007

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to setup the veritas cluster

hi frnz, let me know how to configutre the veritas cluster.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

cluster setup and nfs

hello, During the cluster installation, we are required to enter a cluster name. When this name is used? I have a shared disk between those 2 nodes. To test NFS failover, what should I do? PS: I am using VCS 5 thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun cluster setup question

I have 2 sun blade 1500 with Qlogic card and T3 storedge. I can connect to the T3 storedge through my boxes. Now I want to setup cluster, in order to setup I need to buy a Fiber Channel switch. Can I buy any fiber channel switch? Can you recommend some old switches? I can get it from ebay. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Linux cluster

Hi, I am not sure if the term "cluster" fits my situation or not. I have 5 Linux computers, each has different a host-name, and my users have to remember those the computer names to login and find out which computers have free CPUs, so they can run their jobs on those computers have free CPUs. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the parallel execution command available in Ubuntu Linux?

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit. I would like to execute a command in two or more servers (multiple remote hosts) in parallel. The commands "shmux" or "on" are not available in Ubuntu. Could anyone tell me what other equivalent commands available in Ubuntu to accomplish this task? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux cluster

Hi all, we have setup one cluster with two nodes. -drbd -corosync -pacemaker -mysql -piranha sometimes, we loose connection between the two nodes (node 1 and node 2). When this happens, the two nodes starts both the services as masters,because they don't see each other. is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Cluster or HA

hi guys Back in 2009 and 2010 I configured some clusters using Linux HA Heartbeat version 2.1.4 for suse 10 SP3 now I see Linux HA heartbeat is kind of outdated last release 2011, since I have to configure 2 new clusters I was wondering what do you recommend for cluster tool nowadays? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies
hp-setup(1)							   User Manuals 						       hp-setup(1)

NAME
hp-setup - Printer/Fax Setup Utility DESCRIPTION
Installs HPLIP printers and faxes in the CUPS spooler. Tries to automatically determine the correct PPD file to use. Allows the printing of a testpage. Performs basic fax parameter setup. SYNOPSIS
hp-setup [MODE] [OPTIONS] [SERIAL NO.|USB bus:device|IP|DEVNODE] MODE
Run in graphical UI mode: -u or --gui (Default) Run in interactive mode: -i or --interactive OPTIONS
Automatic mode: -a or --auto (-i mode only) To specify the port on a multi-port JetDirect: --port=<port> (Valid values are 1*, 2, and 3. *default) No testpage in automatic mode: -x (-i mode only) To specify a CUPS printer queue name: -p<printer> or --printer=<printer> (-i mode only) To specify a CUPS fax queue name: -f<fax> or --fax=<fax> (-i mode only) Type of queue(s) to install: -t<typelist> or --type=<typelist>. <typelist>: print*, fax* (*default) (-i mode only) To specify the device URI to install: -d<device> or --device=<device> (--qt4 mode only) Remove printers or faxes instead of setting-up: -r or --rm or --remove (-u only) Set the language: -q <lang> or --lang=<lang>. Use -q? or --lang=? to see a list of available language codes. Set the logging level: -l<level> or --logging=<level> <level>: none, info*, error, warn, debug (*default) Run in debug mode: -g (same as option: -ldebug) This help information: -h or --help SERIAL NO.|USB ID|IP|DEVNODE USB bus:device (usb only): "xxx:yyy" where 'xxx' is the USB bus and 'yyy' is the USB device. (Note: The ':' and all leading zeros must be present.) Use the 'lsusb' command to obtain this information. IPs (network only): IPv4 address "a.b.c.d" or "hostname" DEVNODE (parallel only): "/dev/parportX", X=0,1,2,... SERIAL NO. (usb and parallel only): "serial no." EXAMPLES
Setup using GUI mode: $ hp-setup Setup using GUI mode, specifying usb: $ hp-setup -b usb Setup using GUI mode, specifying an IP: $ hp-setup 192.168.0.101 One USB printer attached, automatic: $ hp-setup -i -a USB, IDs specified: $ hp-setup -i 001:002 Network: $ hp-setup -i 66.35.250.209 Network, Jetdirect port 2: $ hp-setup -i --port=2 66.35.250.209 Parallel: $ hp-setup -i /dev/parport0 USB or parallel, using serial number: $ hp-setup -i US12345678A USB, automatic: $ hp-setup -i --auto 001:002 Parallel, automatic, no testpage: $ hp-setup -i -a -x /dev/parport0 Parallel, choose device: $ hp-setup -i -b par NOTES
1. If no serial number, USB ID, IP, or device node is specified, the USB and parallel busses will be probed for devices. 2. Using 'lsusb' to obtain USB IDs: (example) $ lsusb Bus 003 Device 011: ID 03f0:c202 Hewlett-Packard $ hp-setup --auto 003:011 (Note: You may have to run 'lsusb' from /sbin or another location. Use '$ locate lsusb' to determine this.) 3. Parameters -a, -f, -p, or -t are not valid in GUI (-u) mode. SEE ALSO
hp-makeuri hp-probe AUTHOR
HPLIP (Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. REPORTING BUGS
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-14 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details. Linux 9.0 hp-setup(1)