Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable user quota
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Enable user quota Post 302141404 by rdns on Thursday 18th of October 2007 11:12:58 PM
Old 10-19-2007
sorry... can anyone shed some light
i tried to understand man mount but there's no example for me to understand on mount

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I check the user's mail quota?

how can I check mail quota, and then how can I send mail to user whose quota get full??? :confused: For this which script must I use? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
8 Replies

2. Linux

How to set user quota

I've a redhat 9.0 and I want to set a user quota. but the question is where should I start from and How ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaiXiang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Quota setting with NIS and NAS

Hi Guru, Need some advice on the PROs and CONs between setting up user quota with NAS and Nis. Thanks Regards. YLL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yll
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

allocate user quota using perl script

Hi I'm a student who is studying system administration. I need to write a perl script to allocate disk quota to users. I'm using ubuntu and When I try to run edquota command in command line it says that Can't find file system with quota. pls help me. I tried to edit fstab. but didn't work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piumali
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm user quota

Whats the best method of setting lvm user quota? I saw both of these and I am not sure which to use. Linux File System Quotas Howtos Linux-Vserver With LVM And Quotas - 5dollarwhitebox.org Media Wiki (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Auto Increasing Quota for User.

Hi, I would like to know wheather we can increase the quota for particular user automatically? I am having requirement to increase the quota only for 2 days in a week. but that shoule be automatically instead of manualy modification. is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Enable journaled quota

Hi guys, I will truly appreciate your help here. How do you enable journaled quota on rhel6? Thank you so much for the assistance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the USER Quota in SSH

How the User Quota query from an SSH access to Linux Shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Set hard block limit for user using quota

hi all, i have installed quota on my centos 7 machine and its what im after (setting size limit on users, so they cant fill the hard drive) i want to now make this part of my create user script for my sftp server so i want to do a echo and a read command so i capture the limit they enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
0 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have any disk quotas turned off. The filesystems specified must have entries in /etc/fstab and be mounted. quotaon expects each filesystem to have quota files named quota.user and quota.group which are located at the root of the associated file system. These defaults may be overridden in /etc/fstab. By default both user and group quotas are enabled. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable all the filesystems indicated in /etc/fstab to be read-write with disk quotas. By default only the types of quotas listed in /etc/fstab are enabled. -g Only group quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -u Only user quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. FILES
quota.user at the filesystem root with user quotas quota.group at the filesystem root with group quotas /etc/fstab filesystem table SEE ALSO
quota(1), libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
December 11, 1993 BSD