Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to include code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to include code Post 302141339 by ihot on Thursday 18th of October 2007 05:43:07 PM
Old 10-18-2007
does not seem to include code from other file

Hi,
Yes, I did try to use . /some/other/file.vba but it does not execute. We use source operator "." for including ksh code, but it seems to not want to include vba code.
The source operator
. /apps/hyperion/test.vba
does not seem to work when it is in the middle of vba code.

I used VBA only as an example. I am really including not VBA code but Essbase's Maxl script. My ksh script executes a program that reads the maxl script and executes Essbase commands. I want to put some of that Maxl script in another file and include it in original file. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited by ihot; 10-18-2007 at 06:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#include?

I have a file that contains some variables that I may want to share throughout multiple scripts. I think there's an #include command in UNIX. How do I use it (in korn)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongho
1 Replies

2. Programming

About $include

Hi, In my code,I come across include statements with $ sign what it represents... $include "getsum.h" /* This how I seen in my code */ Sarwan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dhcp include

I want to include all the subnet files under /etc/dhcpd/ to /etc/dhcpd.conf so here is my content of dhcpd.conf ... include "/etc/dhcpd/*"; however, the check-syntax reports syntax error, as they do not recognize the wildcard *, and display that " file /etc/dhcpd/* could not be found. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

4. Programming

Include directive

Hi there, I'm working on a c++ project and I need to use some libraries which are part of a framework. I installed it on my home directory, and alle the .hh are located in subdirs of my home. I'd like to include the files I need just as if they where std c header, that is: #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting help: to include r in between / :

Hi Experts, Greetings! , I have a list of lvs that is having 3 column separated by / . Want to add "r" after the 3rd / : /dev/vgdbnhpu/u01 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u02 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u03 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u04 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u05 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u06 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u07 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u08... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Programming

help with C #include

i have three files a.h t.c and p.c a.h has 3 functions only and does not include anything p.c has one function i made called go t.c has a main function and calls the go function, it includes a.h only i run the program using gcc -Wall -g -o t p.c t.c but i get a warning, implicet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

8. Solaris

include files

Our admin has upgraded our OS solaris system to 5.11 but no more I can compile any trivial or non-trivial code. I'm trying to compile a trivial c++ program(a Helloworld program) but It gives error indicating that include files do not exist (in this trivial case <stdio.h>), it starts compiling but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Newsha
1 Replies

9. Programming

Problem with include

I have been playing with some classes and am getting the following error baseLib/lininterp.h:182: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token baseLib/lininterp.h:227: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token baseLib/lininterp.h:269: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

%include in kickstart

RHEL 5.4 I'm trying to use %include statements in my kickstarts, and am running into some problems. In %pre, I can %include /mnt/source/isolinux/setup-questions and that works just fine. One of the things it does is echo out several variables to /tmp/vars In %post --nochroot, I copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies
exec(1) 							   User Commands							   exec(1)

NAME
exec, eval, source - shell built-in functions to execute other commands SYNOPSIS
sh exec [argument...] eval [argument...] csh exec command eval argument... source [-h] name ksh *exec [arg...] *eval [arg...] DESCRIPTION
sh The exec command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and, if no other arguments are given, cause the shell input/output to be modified. The arguments to the eval built-in are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. csh exec executes command in place of the current shell, which terminates. eval reads its arguments as input to the shell and executes the resulting command(s). This is usually used to execute commands generated as the result of command or variable substitution. source reads commands from name. source commands may be nested, but if they are nested too deeply the shell may run out of file descrip- tors. An error in a sourced file at any level terminates all nested source commands. -h Place commands from the file name on the history list without executing them. ksh With the exec built-in, if arg is given, the command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and affect the current process. If no arguments are given the effect of this command is to mod- ify file descriptors as prescribed by the input/output redirection list. In this case, any file descriptor numbers greater than 2 that are opened with this mechanism are closed when invoking another program. The arguments to eval are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. EXIT STATUS
For ksh: If command is not found, the exit status is 127. If command is found, but is not an executable utility, the exit status is 126. If a redi- rection error occurs, the shell exits with a value in the range 1-125. Otherwise, exec returns a zero exit status. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 exec(1)