Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp account locking
Operating Systems Solaris ftp account locking Post 302141295 by porter on Thursday 18th of October 2007 01:12:12 PM
Old 10-18-2007
the question is refering to the account as configured on the target box, is it a normal user account, does it have a password that expires?

Does it have a limited number of logins?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp file locking

I have a set of scripts to do software releases to remote machines which uses ftp. I'm having a problem getting 'lost connection' messages. What I wanted to ask is, does ftp employ some sort of file locking if two ftp processes are trying to copy the same file at the same time? & if so could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp account change password

How can I change the password from an ftp user account on a ssh server? Please give me simple instructions for a users who hasn't a lot of experience. :D Just the words in form of a list thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.seidenberg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solari s 10 auto account locking

does anyone know in solaris 10, can you lock an account if the user does not change their password within a certain amount of time? What i want to do is, if a user doesnt change their password within 90 days, i want the account locked. This is similar to the redhat linux passwd -i command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Kerberos with local account locking

Hello Gurus, I desperately need help to replicate the functionality that I had with Solaris 8 and SEAM into Solaris 10. Our application needs a few users which are created with the application install. One of our customer requires Kerberos as single sign-on because of their IT department... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmaavnii
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

umask for an ftp account

Hi, I have an ftp account which is used for transferring files to a UNIX box. eventhough the permissions on the source box for the files are 777, when it reaches the destination node via this ftp transfer the permissions is getting changed to -rw-r----- can someone please help me? umask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you set up an FTP user account?

1) How do you set up an FTP user account on a Solaris Unix box? Please show the steps (assuming I have root account access). 2) Where are the FTP user account information stored? For example: Unix user accouns are stored on /etc/passwd what about ftp user account where are they stored? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locking specific account without using passwd

Hey guys just wondering how i could lock a specific acount by prepending LK to the password field in the /etc/shadow file. it cannot be done through a command since the script gets called by a menu driven interface so i cant use "passwd". Is there a way where i can search for a specific account... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP account

Hi, I am new to the workd of FTP administration. I was asked to make an account on our FTP server so that someone can only download and upload to his home directory. The account is made but what settings/cconfiguration can I verify to ensure that the user has access to his home directory only?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Linux

uid of an account which accesses ftp/http

Hi Techs, Please guide me the answer with the explanation. Q1) What is the uid of an individual account which can access ftp/http? Thanks in advance to all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Which process/script is locking account ?

There is a account - ohsuser on Solaris-10 zone. It is getting locked every 2-3 minutes. Can I know, what is process or script, which is using this account and locking it ? root@tswsd23-prdt01:/root# cat /var/adm/messages | tail -10 Sep 24 11:05:53 tswsd23-prdt01 nmo: Excessive (3) login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)