Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp account locking
Operating Systems Solaris ftp account locking Post 302141295 by porter on Thursday 18th of October 2007 01:12:12 PM
Old 10-18-2007
the question is refering to the account as configured on the target box, is it a normal user account, does it have a password that expires?

Does it have a limited number of logins?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp file locking

I have a set of scripts to do software releases to remote machines which uses ftp. I'm having a problem getting 'lost connection' messages. What I wanted to ask is, does ftp employ some sort of file locking if two ftp processes are trying to copy the same file at the same time? & if so could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp account change password

How can I change the password from an ftp user account on a ssh server? Please give me simple instructions for a users who hasn't a lot of experience. :D Just the words in form of a list thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.seidenberg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solari s 10 auto account locking

does anyone know in solaris 10, can you lock an account if the user does not change their password within a certain amount of time? What i want to do is, if a user doesnt change their password within 90 days, i want the account locked. This is similar to the redhat linux passwd -i command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Kerberos with local account locking

Hello Gurus, I desperately need help to replicate the functionality that I had with Solaris 8 and SEAM into Solaris 10. Our application needs a few users which are created with the application install. One of our customer requires Kerberos as single sign-on because of their IT department... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmaavnii
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

umask for an ftp account

Hi, I have an ftp account which is used for transferring files to a UNIX box. eventhough the permissions on the source box for the files are 777, when it reaches the destination node via this ftp transfer the permissions is getting changed to -rw-r----- can someone please help me? umask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you set up an FTP user account?

1) How do you set up an FTP user account on a Solaris Unix box? Please show the steps (assuming I have root account access). 2) Where are the FTP user account information stored? For example: Unix user accouns are stored on /etc/passwd what about ftp user account where are they stored? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locking specific account without using passwd

Hey guys just wondering how i could lock a specific acount by prepending LK to the password field in the /etc/shadow file. it cannot be done through a command since the script gets called by a menu driven interface so i cant use "passwd". Is there a way where i can search for a specific account... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP account

Hi, I am new to the workd of FTP administration. I was asked to make an account on our FTP server so that someone can only download and upload to his home directory. The account is made but what settings/cconfiguration can I verify to ensure that the user has access to his home directory only?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Linux

uid of an account which accesses ftp/http

Hi Techs, Please guide me the answer with the explanation. Q1) What is the uid of an individual account which can access ftp/http? Thanks in advance to all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Which process/script is locking account ?

There is a account - ohsuser on Solaris-10 zone. It is getting locked every 2-3 minutes. Can I know, what is process or script, which is using this account and locking it ? root@tswsd23-prdt01:/root# cat /var/adm/messages | tail -10 Sep 24 11:05:53 tswsd23-prdt01 nmo: Excessive (3) login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
logins(1M)						  System Administration Commands						logins(1M)

NAME
logins - list user and system login information SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/logins [-admopstux] [-g group...] [-l login_name...] DESCRIPTION
This command displays information on user and system logins known to the system. Contents of the output is controlled by the command options and can include the following: user or system login, user id number, passwd account field value (user name or other information), primary group name, primary group id, multiple group names, multiple group ids, home directory, login shell, and four password aging param- eters. The default information is the following: login id, user id, primary group name, primary group id and the account field value. Out- put is sorted by user id, system logins, followed by user logins. OPTIONS
Options may be used together. If so, any login that matches any criteria are displayed. The following options are supported: -a Add two password expiration fields to the display. The fields show how many days a password can remain unused before it automatically becomes inactive, and the date that the password expires. -d Selects logins with duplicate uids. -g group Selects all users belonging to group, sorted by login. Multiple groups can be specified as a comma-separated list. When the -l and -g options are combined, a user is only listed once, even if the user belongs to more than one of the selected groups. -l login_name...Selects the requested login. Multiple logins can be specified as a comma-separated list. Depending on the nameservice lookup types set in /etc/nsswitch.conf, the information can come from the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files and other nameservices. When the -l and -g options are combined, a user is only listed once, even if the user belongs to more than one of the selected groups. -m Displays multiple group membership information. -o Formats output into one line of colon-separated fields. -p Selects logins with no passwords. -s Selects all system logins. -t Sorts output by login instead of by uid. -u Selects all user logins. -x Prints an extended set of information about each selected user. The extended information includes home directory, login shell and password aging information, each displayed on a separate line. The password information consists of password status (PS for password, NP for no password or LK for locked). If the login is passworded, status is followed by the date the password was last changed, the number of days required between changes, and the number of days allowed before a change is required. The password aging information shows the time interval that the user receives a password expiration warning message (when logging on) before the password expires. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 logins(1M)