Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What else do you do?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What else do you do? Post 302141274 by rhfrommn on Thursday 18th of October 2007 11:30:38 AM
Old 10-18-2007
My main hobby is playing Magic: The Gathering. I host a weekly game that has been continuously running for over 8 years. I've taught at least 15 people how to play, and the size of our group has fluctuated from 4 to 8 regular players over the years with a total of about 12 who show up on occasion at least. I also am a huge Minnesota Wild hockey fan - usually attending 1/4 to 1/3 of their home games each year in person and catching almost all the rest on TV.

I used to be very into Chess. In fact, I narrowly missed making the top 50 most active tournament players (in terms of rated games played) in the U.S. during the late '80s. My girlfriend at the time actually made the top 50 list for women by attending most of the tournaments I played in with me. But once I got to grad school and started my career I didn't have time to study/practice/play enough to maintain my strength any more so I mostly gave up. However, my wife found an amateur chess league in our city so I joined a team last month. Maybe I'll end up back playing chess seriously again after dipping my toe back in the water that way. . . .

I also golf, bowl, and play a little electric guitar - all very badly Smilie

Jifty::Plugin::Halo(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Jifty::Plugin::Halo(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::Halo - Provides halos DESCRIPTION
This plugin provides <http://seaside.st|Seasidesque> halos for your application. It's included by default when using Jifty with DevelMode turned on. init Only enable halos in DevelMode. Add our instrumentation to Template::Declare. around_template This is called to instrument Template::Declare templates. We also draw a halo around the template itself. halo_header frame -> string This will give you the halo header which includes links to the various information displays for this template. halo_footer frame -> string This will give you the halo footer which includes the actual information to be displayed when the user pokes the halo. new_frame -> hashref Gives you a new frame for storing halo information. push_frame -> frame Creates and pushes a frame onto the render stack. Mason's halos do not support arounding a component, so we fake it with an explicit stack. This also triggers "halo_pre_template" for plugins adding halo data. pop_frame -> frame Pops a frame off the render stack. Mason's halos do not support "arounding" a component, so we fake it with an explicit stack. This also triggers "halo_post_template" for plugins adding halo data. is_proscribed FRAME Returns true if the given "FRAME" should not have a halo around it. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Plugin::Halo(3pm)