Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP command to search recursively in windows folder Post 302141177 by porter on Thursday 18th of October 2007 03:31:15 AM
Old 10-18-2007
Why don't you use the Window's task scheduler to kick off the task to search a windows directory?

The FTP goes from Windows to UNIX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move recursively into one folder

Hi, I have a folder with a million subdirectories which all have a million files in them (some of them duplicates).. I am looking for the right program command to move all of the files out of the directories and into one folder-- and replace all of the duplicates.. If anyone has any ideas,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create folder in windows from unix while FTP

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to create a folder in a Windows Server while running a ftp script in Unix. The idea is to create a script that searches for different files in folders, and when the file is found, take the path of that file and create it to Windows and ftp the file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metalero de Oz
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursively concatenate files in subdirectories with same folder name

I'm trying to concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name. Say concatenate all the files in the 'current' subdirectories in 'Literature' parent directory. Literature/USA/current/ Literature/Europe/current/ Can anyone help with it? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyce007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursively concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name

I'm trying to concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name. Say concatenate all the files in the 'current' subdirectories in 'Literature' parent directory. Literature/USA/current/ Literature/Europe/current/ Can anyone help with it? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyce007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursively remove javascript from all folder index files

Hi All, A site I manage had some javascript inserted into each folders index file. Can anyone priovide me with some ideas on how to use awk, sed or some other bash script to parse through each of the site folders and remove this code? If I have to do it by hand I'm going to go insane. :eek: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsalsich
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Unix Shell script to Windows Shared folder ?

Hi Before Posting my query in this forum, I have gone through various similar postings to get some idea on ftp and how to do that from unix shell script to windows server. My question is related to FTP'ing from Unix to windows shared folder My basic question is 1. Is it possible to do FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to find symbolic links recursively under a folder in Linux

Hi , I have folder which has almost 35000 objects, I need to find out or list the objects which are symbolic links. I tried f. I am not getting right Can you pls help Regards amv (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download recursively a folder using /usr/bin/ftp and cshell?

Hi, friends, I am meet a ftp download problem when using cshell and /usr/bin/ftp command. I want to download recursively a folder dira from FTP server. dira ---dira1-----dira2------dira3-----dira4 |--file11 |--file21 |--file31 |--file41 |--file12 |--file22 |--file32 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively?

Hi, How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively? What I tried: find . -type f -exec cat {} | grep "make" \; Output: grep: find: ;: No such file or directory missing argument to `-exec' And this: find . -type f -exec cat {} \; -exec grep "make" {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
12 Replies
REG_TASKER(3PVM)						  PVM Version 3.4						  REG_TASKER(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_reg_tasker - Register task as PVM task starter. SYNOPSIS
C #include <pvmsdpro.h> int cc = pvm_reg_tasker() Fortran Not Available DESCRIPTION
Registers the calling task as a PVM task starter. When a tasker is registered with a pvmd, and the pvmd receives a DM_EXEC message, instead of fork()ing and exec()ing the task itself, it passes a message to the tasker, which does the dirty work and sends a message back to the pvmd. Note: If this doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. This function is for folks who are writing stuff like debugger servers and so on. For a more complete explanation of what's going on here, you should refer to the PVM source code and/or user guide section on implementa- tion; this is only a man page. That said... When the pvmd receives a DM_EXEC message (request to exec new tasks), it searches epath (the PVM executable search path) for the file name. If it finds the file, it then either attempts to start the processes (using fork() and exec()) or, if a tasker has registered, sends it a SM_STTASK message. The format of the SM_STTASK message is: int tid // of task int flags // as passed to spawn() string path // absolute path of the executable int argc // number of args to process string argv[argc] // args int nenv // number of envars to pass to task string env[nenv] // environment strings The tasker must attempt to start the process when it gets one of these messages. The tasker doesn't reply to the pvmd if the task is suc- cessfully started; the task will reconnect to the pvmd on its own, using the cookie in envar PVMEPID to identify itself to the pvmd. The tasker must send a SM_TASKX message to the pvmd when any task that it owns (has started) exits, or if it can't start a particular task. The format of the SM_TASKX message is: int tid // of task int status // the Unix exit status (from wait()) int u_sec // user time used by the task, seconds int u_usec // microseconds int s_sec // system time used by the task, seconds int s_usec // microseconds The tasker task must use pvm_setopt(PvmResvTids, 1) to allow sending reserved messages. Messages should be packed using encoding Pvm- DataDefault to ensure they can be unpacked anywhere in the system. pvm_reg_tasker() returns PvmOk when successful. SEE ALSO
pvm_spawn(3PVM), pvm_tasks(3PVM), 16 March, 1994 REG_TASKER(3PVM)