Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Re-configuring PHP-already installed with new extensions Post 302141173 by kavera on Thursday 18th of October 2007 03:16:20 AM
Old 10-18-2007
Re-configuring PHP-already installed with new extensions

I have installed PHP and now it needs to be reconfigured with few extensions:eg: OCI8, XSL transformation etc.

1. Do I have to recompile PHP, or a few edits to config files will do.
2. Also how to list the options with which PHP is compiled.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configuring PHP 5

i've downloaded php 5 everything seems to be going smoothly except for onething.. i can't seem to locate the files... my question is do i have to manually place the lib in /usr/lib. how do I go about doing this and which other files have to be allocated.. thanx moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extensions

Hey! Do you guys know of a good site that can explain all the Unix commands... I have been using Unix för almost 6 months but still have probelms with things like -u -U -g -G -R -T bla bla bla bla thanks! Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkastinka
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Deny access from all users, except PHP application installed in same domain

Hi to all, Please, some help over here. I´ll try to be as much clear I can. In summary my problem is: I have a PHP application installed in a folder of my domain that reads CSV.txt files from another folder in my domain and I need to restrict direct access to see and download these CSV.txt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
0 Replies

4. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring Apache an php Directory root.

Hi , I have installed apache and configured Document root as /home DocumentRoot "/home" The files under home directory is listed on the web server, i have one text file under "/home/test/1.txt" i can view the file when i set DocumentRoot to /home. But when i change Document root to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Is PHP properly installed

I Installed LAMP on Ubuntu according to instructions in this page Installing LAMP On Ubuntu For Newbies | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials , but now if I create any page in php under /var/www, and use address http://localhost...etc all I get to see is a blank page,even if the page... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls without extensions.

Hello everyone. :) I need to write a script and I'm newbie in it. Sorry for my English, I've been learning that amazing language for one year. Task: Write script called 'myls', "wrapper" program call ls in such a way that you could ask it the name of the file without extension, for example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sweetheart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
EXTENSION_LOADED(3)							 1						       EXTENSION_LOADED(3)

extension_loaded - Find out whether an extension is loaded

SYNOPSIS
bool extension_loaded (string $name) DESCRIPTION
Finds out whether the extension is loaded. PARAMETERS
o $name - The extension name. This parameter is case-insensitive. You can see the names of various extensions by using phpinfo(3) or if you're using the CGI or CLI version of PHP you can use the -m switch to list all available extensions: $ php -m [PHP Modules] xml tokenizer standard sockets session posix pcre overload mysql mbstring ctype [Zend Modules] RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the extension identified by $name is loaded, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 extension_loaded(3) example <?php if (!extension_loaded('gd')) { if (!dl('gd.so')) { exit; } } ?> SEE ALSO
get_loaded_extensions(3), get_extension_funcs(3), phpinfo(3), dl(3), function_exists(3). PHP Documentation Group EXTENSION_LOADED(3)