Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP from Solaris to Windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP from Solaris to Windows Post 302141061 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 02:03:47 PM
Old 10-17-2007
there are easy to use tools like WinSCP that you could use it.

Else mounting windows drive in unix would be much more easier

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp to windows box

I want to be able to connect from my UNIX box to my Windows box via FTP. I am able to succesfully connect to my Windows box via FTP as anonymous, however I can not navigate directories. Issuing the followings commands provides no help: cd c:\ cd c: Both return with "c:: The filename,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file to Windows

I need to ftp Unix log file to Windows and using VB code to read file. After I ftped my Unix log file to Windows side, I found out that there is no carriage return, so I turned off 'cr' when ftp the file. But my VB code can't see "EOF" signal from this file, should I just add additional line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from windows to unix

Hi all, How to FTP an excel format file located in windows to unix using shell script.Any particular commands we have to use? Thanks& Regards, rrs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to UNIX FTP

Good Morning, I am currently having a setup of running a batch file in windows to ftp certain files to unix and after that one i login to a unix box to manually run a script to clean up those files and combine them into one and get go back to windows to run another batch of file to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

ftp to windows

Hi I am trying to do an ftp to window w2k using the script ------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh #script2 I found this script on UNIX script website userstr="dt4406\iusr_vantage_dev" W2Kservername="130.13.1.165" pwstr="verint1!" file1="TRP1run.sql"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avivcohen
4 Replies

7. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

8. Solaris

file showing 0 byte after ftp from windows to solaris 10 box

Dear All I am trying to put a file from window system to solaris 10 box through ftp, but after connected to solaris 10 through window via ftp, I put a file( its a solaris package) through put command to solaris box. When I checked it on solaris box I get a file having 0 bytes. even I try to put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

9. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP from Windows to Solaris

Dear All, As I am new to Solaris ..I need some help How is FTP access given from Windows machine to solaris machine. The scenario is that : I have a Xp host system and Solaris as my guest OS in my vmware. I need to tranfer some files from Windows to Solaris.? I am using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat_
7 Replies
Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::VFS::Drive - Container around Gnome2::VFS::Volume HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gnome2::VFS::Drive METHODS
string = $drive->get_activation_uri integer = $a->compare ($b) o $b (Gnome2::VFS::Drive) string = $drive->get_device_path devicetype = $drive->get_device_type string = $drive->get_display_name $drive->eject ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string = $drive->get_hal_udi Since: vfs 2.8 string = $drive->get_icon unsigned = $drive->get_id boolean = $drive->is_connected boolean = $drive->is_mounted boolean = $drive->is_user_visible $drive->mount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) list = $drive->get_mounted_volumes Since: vfs 2.8 boolean = $drive->needs_eject Since: vfs 2.16 $drive->unmount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) SIGNALS
volume-mounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-pre-unmount (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-unmounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gnome2::VFS::DeviceType o 'unknown' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN' o 'audio-cd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUDIO_CD' o 'video-dvd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_VIDEO_DVD' o 'harddrive' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_HARDDRIVE' o 'cdrom' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CDROM' o 'floppy' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_FLOPPY' o 'zip' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_ZIP' o 'jaz' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_JAZ' o 'nfs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NFS' o 'autofs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUTOFS' o 'camera' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CAMERA' o 'memory-stick' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MEMORY_STICK' o 'smb' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_SMB' o 'apple' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_APPLE' o 'music-player' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MUSIC_PLAYER' o 'windows' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_WINDOWS' o 'loopback' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_LOOPBACK' o 'network' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NETWORK' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::VFS, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::VFS for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)