Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting seeking help with shell script Post 302141020 by Niadh on Wednesday 17th of October 2007 09:17:44 AM
Old 10-17-2007
Problem sorted

I got the Unix script sorted.
See my second post.

The script above produces the email as I needed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

seeking a doc on lvm etc...

Hi. I wanted to increase my knowledge base with unix. can you help me find a like that talks about luns, physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes then mountpoints? i would appreciate it thanks Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeking UNIX documentation

Hi, I am looking for documentation (PDF, DOC, books, web ...) about UNIX scripts. What could you advice me ? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filippo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeking help...Urgent!!! Please help me...

Can any1 please help me answer a couple of this question? 1) What is the process management of UNIX? (single task, multitasks, etc...) 2) What is the process management of Linux? (single task, multitasks, etc...) 3) What is the type of process of UNIX? (process, thread, etc...) 4)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blind02002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

seeking help in text processing

Hi, I am a newbie in shell scripting. I want to get an expert help in solving a text processing issue. The issue I am facing is that, in the below log file contents I need to extract each block of lines (it could be a single line also) based on some regular expression and store it in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alecs
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking for help in writing shell

Hi All, I got a problem and stuck to filter a log file, called it as "sample.log". This "sample.log" file is being generated by "script A". The "sample.log" look like below: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:CmdArg->:SomeDoce:SomeFormatDocument: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:imprtcp succeeded.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anakiar
1 Replies

6. Programming

[C] seeking good books

I suppose everybody here read reference books like Kernighan & Ritchie one, but where's the real deal? I mean I'd like to learn more about special efficient techniques, tips&tricks, what compiler effectively does, and stuff like that. Could you please suggest me some books or internet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking assistance in Shell script

#!/bin/bash >error_log for s in `cat s.txt` do uptime $s >>error_log echo $s >>error_log done The above code produce output with server name and its uptime in 2 different lines .My requirement is to have the same in one line . Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking help with search

Hello All, I'm looking for some help with grepping for two specific strings in files with multiple lines. For instance, I have files and the content looks like this: =====Start===== Record:1 Field 1 = aaaaaaaaaa Field 2 = bbbbbbbbbb Field 3 = 1234567890 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking Alternative for diff in hp

Hi , I have to use HP-unix OS to get difference between 2 files.while i tried a piece of code in other OS(linux/unix) as below, it worked fine & the output is desired one. diff --suppress-common-lines -y file_1 file_2 >d.txt The same doesn't works in HP -unix. Any help shall be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
6 Replies
DROP 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLESPACE(7) NAME
DROP TABLESPACE - remove a tablespace SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLESPACE [ IF EXISTS ] tablespacename DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLESPACE removes a tablespace from the system. A tablespace can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. The tablespace must be empty of all database objects before it can be dropped. It is possible that objects in other databases might still reside in the tablespace even if no objects in the current database are using the tablespace. Also, if the tablespace is listed in the temp_tablespaces setting of any active session, the DROP might fail due to temporary files residing in the tablespace. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the tablespace does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. tablespacename The name of a tablespace. NOTES
DROP TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
To remove tablespace mystuff from the system: DROP TABLESPACE mystuff; COMPATIBILITY
DROP TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLESPACE(7)