Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sending mail error.. help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending mail error.. help Post 302140859 by diegolamalfa on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 11:11:40 AM
Old 10-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkc
help i get this error when i sending a mail

send-mail: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory
Can't send mail: sendmail process failed

this is my coding

echo "$PRONAME is being restart" | mailxs "Subject:Process" "sally@$THISHOST"

i wish to send this mail to my another user... so need helop!
can you post more information like the OS ?.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when sending mail attachment

I have been sending an email attachment from my unix box, but keep getting an error? All though the recipient still receives the email and attachment. Will this error cause problems in the future and how to I cure it? $ uuencode PReSvPRINTER.txt file | mailx -s "File" me@world.com uuencode:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending Error msg from HP-UX to E-mail address

Sometimes, for any reason, the UX System sends messages to /var/mail/root and/or to Error Log of the guardian. I'll appreciating if you help me to configure so that those messages are also sent to the System Administrator's e-mail address. Regards Gege (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

hp ux not sending mail

Hi.. In Hp ux box,, mails are not being sent. they are getting queued up in mail queue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkhan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail

i want to send an email from the unix machine to the windows machine. now windows dont have any specified folder for the mail. mail has to be sent to the email-id like abc@xyz.com unix machine itself can not directly send mail. it has to be transferred via mail server. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while sending mail via smtp

Hi All, I used before a simple routine code in tcl to send mail. package require smtp package require mime package require Tcl proc send_simple_message {recipient email_server subject body} { set token mime::setheader $token Subject $subject smtp::sendmessage $token \ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zivsegal
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Execution problem". Getting error without sending e-mail

Hi, This is the end of the script. When i try to execute the script, i am getting the error. Please help me as to what is wrong with this script.? elif echo 'Load Failed -- Return Code =' $rc subject="Consent table load failed" ( echo "The log file is attached to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail

Hi All, I have a script that looks like this: *********** #!/bin/sh -x cd /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/spdb/spdb/trace cat alert_spdb.log|grep Archiver >/dev/null if ; then mailx -s "Archiver message in Alert log" user@email.com fi ************ Im using the -x option to see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradba888
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
POSTFIX(1)						      General Commands Manual							POSTFIX(1)

NAME
postfix - Postfix control program SYNOPSIS
postfix [-c config_dir] [-D] [-v] command DESCRIPTION
This command is reserved for the super-user. To submit mail, use the Postfix sendmail command. The postfix command controls the operation of the Postfix mail system: start or stop the master daemon, do a health check, and other main- tenance. The postfix command sets up a standardized environment and runs the postfix-script shell script to do the actual work. The following commands are implemented: check Validate the Postfix mail system configuration. Warn about bad directory/file ownership or permissions, and create missing directo- ries. start Start the Postfix mail system. This also runs the configuration check described above. stop Stop the Postfix mail system in an orderly fashion. Running processes are allowed to terminate at their earliest convenience. Note: in order to refresh the Postfix mail system after a configuration change, do not use the start and stop commands in succes- sion. Use the reload command instead. abort Stop the Postfix mail system abruptly. Running processes are signaled to stop immediately. flush Force delivery: attempt to deliver every message in the deferred mail queue. Normally, attempts to deliver delayed mail happen at regular intervals, the interval doubling after each failed attempt. reload Re-read configuration files. Running processes terminate at their earliest convenience. The following options are implemented: -c config_dir Read the main.cf and master.cf configuration files in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. Use this to distinguish between multiple Postfix instances on the same host. -D (with postfix start only) Run each Postfix daemon under control of a debugger as specified via the debugger_command configuration parameter. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. ENVIRONMENT
The postfix command sets the following environment variables: MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. MAIL_VERBOSE This is set when the -v command-line option is present. MAIL_DEBUG This is set when the -D command-line option is present. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf configuration parameters are made available as process environment variables with the same names: command_directory Directory with Postfix administrative commands. daemon_directory Directory with Postfix daemon programs. config_directory Directory with Postfix configuration files and with administrative shell scripts. queue_directory The directory with Postfix queue files, with local inter-process communication endpoints, and with files needed for daemon programs that run in the optional chrooted environment. mail_owner The owner of Postfix queue files and of most Postfix processes. setgid_group The group for mail submission and queue management commands. sendmail_path The full pathname for the Postfix sendmail command. newaliases_path The full pathname for the Postfix newaliases command. mailq_path The full pathname for the Postfix mailq command. manpage_directory The directory for the Postfix on-line manual pages. sample_directory The directory for the Postfix sample configuration files. readme_directory The directory for the Postfix README files. Other configuration parameters import_environment List of names of environment parameters that can be imported from non-Postfix processes. FILES
$config_directory/postfix-script, administrative commands $config_directory/main.cf, configuration parameters $config_directory/master.cf, Postfix daemon processes SEE ALSO
master(8) Postfix master program LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTFIX(1)