Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unused storage on AIX 4.3
Operating Systems AIX unused storage on AIX 4.3 Post 302140838 by bakunin on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 10:10:06 AM
Old 10-16-2007
Use "lsvg <vgname>" to see all the diskspace assinged to filesystems in the "USED PPs" section and the diskspace available to extend filesystems in the "FREE PPs" section. Both of these values are in the right column of the output, near the top.

Keep in mind, though, that "used PPs" is NOT meaning that this space is used, but it is allocated to a filesystem. It could very well be unused, because the filesystem is empty.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 and DS4300 Storage

Hello, We're setting up a solution for a group of customers with 2 p520 servers and 1 DS4300 unit with 9 disks (at this stage). The meaning is to create two arrays on the DS4300. Both servers will be connected to the DS4300 unit and to both controllers (e.g. Controller 1 connected to server 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

AIX and DS4300 Storage Unit

Hello, We're setting up a solution for a group of customers with 2 p520 servers and 1 DS4300 unit with 9 disks (at this stage). The meaning is to create two arrays on the DS4300. Both servers will be connected to the DS4300 unit and to both controllers (e.g. Controller 1 connected to server 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding basic of storage in aix

Hi Can some one help to understand the follwoing thing: what is a simple mounting? for examle what the following lines says /dev/hd2 /usr/xxx if I have to install a software in a remote server, how i can use local cdrom to read the installation files from? what about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX and Storage

Hi:- What is the best way to determine what type of storage is attached to an AIX server? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 4.3 storage usage report

hi, i'm new to this company and i'm using old AIX 4.3 with DAS and SSA storage. What is the best way to query a report for disk capacity, usage, free, etc. I know in AIX 5 there's a command for "du -g /" or "du -m /" to report the total usage but I'm not using AIX5. In AIX 4.3 I can use "df... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venerayan
5 Replies

6. AIX

how do I increase the storage space I am new to AIX

Host Name - xxxxxxx IP Address - xxxxxxxxx Alert Msg - The percentage of available storage space (DMXMemory) is low (49.54374442289481 percent). Time received - 14:23 Time Logged - 14:55 Suggested Group - MR-UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nyiko
5 Replies

7. AIX

Aix and Storage Hitachi

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about Aix 6.1 and Aix 5.3 with Storage Hitachi the model is USP VM. We buy it and I want to know day to day task with this storage and Aix. Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for this 2010 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

8. AIX

locking down unused or unwanted ports in AIX

We have a system and we have modified the /etc/ind.conf and the /etc/services and the /etc/rc.tcpip file to turn off specific applications. I need to know what is the correct procedure for locking down unused ports that still appear to be in a listen mode even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admaix
1 Replies
Sys::Virt::StorageVol(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Sys::Virt::StorageVol(3)

NAME
Sys::Virt::StorageVol - Represent & manage a libvirt storage volume DESCRIPTION
The "Sys::Virt::StorageVol" module represents a storage volume managed by libvirt. A storage volume is always associated with a containing storage pool ("Sys::Virt::StoragePool"). METHODS
my $name = $vol->get_name() Returns a string with a locally unique name of the storage vol my $name = $vol->get_key() Returns a string with a globally unique key for the storage vol my $name = $vol->get_path() Returns a string with a locally unique file path of the storage vol my $xml = $vol->get_xml_description() Returns an XML document containing a complete description of the storage vol's configuration $vol->delete($flags) Immediately delete the storage volume freeing its storage resources. The "flags" parameter indicates any special action to be taken when deleting the volume. $vol->resize($newcapacity, $flags=0) Adjust the size of the storage volume. The $newcapacity value semantics depend on the $flags parameter. If $flags specifies "RESIZE_DELTA" then the $newcapacity is relative to the current size. If $flags specifies "RESIZE_SHRINK" then the $newcapacity value is the amount of space to remove $vol->wipe($flags = 0) Clear the data in the storage volume to avoid future information leak. The "flags" parameter is currently unused and defaults to zero. $vol->wipe_pattern($algorithm, $flags = 0) Clear the data in the storage volume to avoid future information leak. The $algorithm parameter specifies the data pattern used to erase data, and should be one of the WIPE ALGORITHM CONSTANTS listed later. The "flags" parameter is currently unused and defaults to zero. my $info = $vol->get_info() Retrieve live information about the storage volume. The returned $info hash reference contains three keys. "type" indicates whether the volume is a file or block device. "capacity" provides the maximum logical size of the volume. "allocation" provides the current physical usage of the volume. The allocation may be less than the capacity for sparse, or grow-on-demand volumes. The allocation may also be larger than the capacity, if there is a metadata overhead for the volume format. $vol->download($st, $offset, $length); Download data from $vol using the stream $st. If $offset and $length are non-zero, then restrict data to the specified volume byte range. $vol->upload($st, $offset, $length); Upload data to $vol using the stream $st. If $offset and $length are non-zero, then restrict data to the specified volume byte range. CONSTANTS
The following sets of constants are useful when dealing with storage volumes VOLUME TYPES The following constants are useful for interpreting the "type" field in the hash returned by the "get_info" method Sys::Virt::StorageVol::TYPE_FILE The volume is a plain file Sys::Virt::StorageVol::TYPE_BLOCK The volume is a block device Sys::Virt::StorageVol::TYPE_DIR The volume is a directory Sys::Virt::StorageVol::TYPE_NETWORK The volume is a network source CREATE MODES The following constants are useful for the "flags" parameter of the "create" method Sys::Virt::StorageVol::CREATE_PREALLOC_METADATA Preallocate header metadata when creating the volume. DELETE MODES The following constants are useful for the "flags" parameter of the "delete" method Sys::Virt::StorageVol::DELETE_NORMAL Do a plain delete without any attempt to scrub data. Sys::Virt::StorageVol::DELETE_ZEROED Zero out current allocated blocks when deleteing the volume WIPE ALGORITHM CONSTANTS The following constants specify the algorithm for erasing data Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_BSI 9-pass method recommended by the German Center of Security in Information Technologies Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_DOD 4-pass Dod 5220.22-M section, 8-306 procedure Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_GUTMANN The canonical 35-pass sequence Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_NNSA 4-pass NNSA Policy Letter NAP-14.1-C (XVI-8) Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_PFITZNER7 7-pass random Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_PFITZNER33 33-pass random Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_RANDOM 1-pass random Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_SCHNEIER 7-pass method described by Bruce Schneier in "Applied Cryptography" (1996) Sys::Virt::StorageVol::WIPE_ALG_ZERO 1-pass, all zeroes VOLUME RESIZE CONSTANTS The following constants control how storage volumes can be resized Sys::Virt::StorageVol::RESIZE_ALLOCATE Fully allocate the extra space required during resize Sys::Virt::StorageVol::RESIZE_DELTA Treat the new capacity as a delta to the current capacity Sys::Virt::StorageVol::RESIZE_SHRINK Treat the new capacity as an amount to remove from the capacity AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Red Hat Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Daniel P. Berrange LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (either version 2 of the License, or at your option any later version), or, the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Sys::Virt, Sys::Virt::Error, "http://libvirt.org" perl v5.16.3 2013-07-30 Sys::Virt::StorageVol(3)