Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet Post 302140762 by jsvarma on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 03:11:44 AM
Old 10-16-2007
HI All,
Quite surprised that i did not get any replies posted for the issue even after posting for 15 hours. Anyways, we managed to resolve the issue and for the sake of all the troubled folks out there with similar issue, i want to give the solution used:

The problem seems to have been resolved by by removing the root from ftpuser file on AMD Opteron box . Now there is no problem on doing FTP from a Telnet session .

Regards

Jagdish S Varma

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with telnet using putty on solaris 10 x86

Hi ... I am totally new to unix ... I just installed solaris 10 and internet is working. Everytime I try to telnet from my windows xp using Putty to solaris as root user, putty opens the command prompt window and close right away. I also tried with ssh using Putty and I got a message "Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glieu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem ..

Hi All, 1. modify /etc/default/login file as make commented # console= 2.put my laptops ip at both /etc/inet/ipnodes and /etc/host file still i can login via telnet/ftp through a DB9-serial cable, but when i tried through a lan stratight cable directly connected that machine... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
7 Replies

4. Solaris

why telnet from PC to Solaris x86 is extremely slow?

I got the following info from this forum, in regards to configuring my Solaris x86 to link to the Net: # echo 192.168.0.1 > /etc/defaultrouter # route add default 192.168.0.1 # echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf # cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf So I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie09
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Lucid AMD 64 install on USB HDD reboots frequently

Hi all, I am using Ubuntu lucid. It is installed on external USB HDD and I boot into it. Besides other issues, the most significant one is as follows.. I boot in and start working. Everything goes on fine. As soon as I move the HDD, change its position, etc, all icons tuns into a red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
1 Replies
FTPFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  FTPFS(4)

NAME
ftpfs - file transfer protocol (FTP) file system SYNOPSIS
ftpfs [ -/dq ] [ -m mountpoint ] [ -a password ] system DESCRIPTION
Ftpfs dials the TCP file transfer protocol (FTP) port, 21, on system and mounts itself (see bind(2)) on mountpoint (default /n/ftp) to pro- vide access to files on the remote machine. If required by the remote machine, ftpfs will prompt for a user name and password. The user names ftp and anonymous conventionally offer guest/read-only access to machines. Anonymous FTP may be called without user interaction by using the -a option and specifying the password. By default the file seen at the mount point is the user's remote home directory. The option -/ forces the mount point to correspond to the remote root. To avoid seeing startup messages from the server use option -q. To see all messages from the server use option -d. To terminate the connection, unmount (see bind(1)) the mount point. EXAMPLE
You want anonymous FTP access to the system export.lcs.mit.edu. The first import(4) command is only necessary if your machine does not have access to the desired system, but another, called gateway in this example, does. import gateway /net ftpfs -a yourname@yourmachine export.lcs.mit.edu SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/ftpfs SEE ALSO
bind(2) BUGS
Symbolic links on remote Unix systems will always have mode 0777 and a length of 8. After connecting to a TOPS-20 system, the mount point will contain only one directory, usually /n/ftp/PS:<ANONYMOUS>. However, walking to any valid directory on that machine will succeed and cause that directory entry to appear under the mount point. Ftpfs caches files and directories. A directory will fall from the cache after 5 quiescent minutes or if the local user changes the direc- tory by writing or removing a file. Otherwise, remote changes to the directory that occur after the directory has been cached might not be immediately visible. There is no way to issue the appropriate commands to handle special synthetic FTP file types such as directories that automatically return a tar of their contents. FTPFS(4)