Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 4.3 storage usage report
Operating Systems AIX AIX 4.3 storage usage report Post 302140737 by venerayan on Monday 15th of October 2007 08:58:25 PM
Old 10-15-2007
Power AIX 4.3 storage usage report

hi,

i'm new to this company and i'm using old AIX 4.3 with DAS and SSA storage. What is the best way to query a report for disk capacity, usage, free, etc.

I know in AIX 5 there's a command for "du -g /" or "du -m /" to report the total usage but I'm not using AIX5. In AIX 4.3 I can use "df -t" so that it will give report of the total "512-bolcks/used/free/%use". How I can compute the "total 512-blocks" so that I can give to my boss in mega byte or giga byte? Is the calculation the same with "used" and "free" on "512-blocks"?

Thanks,
vene

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 and DS4300 Storage

Hello, We're setting up a solution for a group of customers with 2 p520 servers and 1 DS4300 unit with 9 disks (at this stage). The meaning is to create two arrays on the DS4300. Both servers will be connected to the DS4300 unit and to both controllers (e.g. Controller 1 connected to server 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and Storage

Hi:- What is the best way to determine what type of storage is attached to an AIX server? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
2 Replies

3. AIX

unused storage on AIX 4.3

Hi, How do I query for unused partition in AIX 4.3 with DAS and SAA storage? I know most unix administrator don't put all the capacity on the system at once. thanks, vene (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venerayan
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

Aix and Storage Hitachi

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about Aix 6.1 and Aix 5.3 with Storage Hitachi the model is USP VM. We buy it and I want to know day to day task with this storage and Aix. Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for this 2010 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users and their storage usage

Hey, I'm trying to make a script that can list users and their storage usage in a file. Im trying to get it to where the format is: User xxkbs User2 xkb and so on. So far I figured out how to get the users, but I cannot figure out how to get the storage usage per user. This is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HakerDemon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storage usage over time

Hi every one, im kind new in scripting. i need to write a script that will collect my storage usage (df -k) like every hour and save the max amout and min amout into csv file so over time lest say one month we have the min/max values. Is it possible with awk command ? Any ideas are welcome.:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venus699
4 Replies
vdf(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    vdf(8)

NAME
vdf - Display disk information for AdvFS domains and filesets SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/vdf [-k] [-l] domain | domain#fileset OPTIONS
Display disk blocks as 1024-byte blocks instead of the default of 512-byte blocks. When the -l option is specified, the default informa- tion for both the domain and filesets is reformatted to show the relationships between them. For example, any domain metadata displayed is the total metadata shared by filesets in the domain. OPERANDS
The full path name of an AdvFS file domain. When a domain argument is specified, the default display contains information about the number of disk blocks allocated to the domain, the number of disk blocks in use by the domain, and the number of disk blocks that are available to the domain. The name of an AdvFS fileset in an AdvFS file domain. When a domain#fileset argument is specified, the default display contains information about the number of disk blocks allocated to the fileset, the number of disk blocks in use by the fileset, and the number of disk blocks that are available to the fileset. This information is in the same format as that displayed by the df command. DESCRIPTION
The vdf utility is a script that reformats output from the showfdmn, showfsets, shfragbf, and df utilities in order to display information about the disk usage of AdvFS file domains and filesets. In addition, the utility computes and displays the sizes of metadata files in a domain or fileset. NOTES
The disk space used by clone filesets is not calculated. If clone filesets are present in the specified domain, the utility displays the following warning message: Clone fileset(s) in this domain; totals may not be accurate RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. The command cannot be used on filesets that are NFS mounted. All filesets in a domain must be mounted in order to calculate the disk usage of the domain. EXIT STATUS
The utility returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. It returns a value of 1 on failure. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the summary information for a fileset named testfs in a domain named test. The output is the same as for the df command: # vdf test#testfs Filesystem 512-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on test#testfs 60000 20800 39200 35% /mnt The following example shows the summary information for a domain named usr_domain where the number of blocks used for meta- data and data equal 89% of the domain's capacity: # vdf usr_domain Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Available Capacity usr_domain 65536 11219 47549 6768 89% The following example shows a detailed display of the domain that contains the fileset test#testfs. There are two filesets in the domain; each has a quota limit of 60,000 blocks: # vdf -l test#testfs Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Available Capacity test 266240 5824 29128 231288 13% Fileset QuotaLimit Used Available Capacity testfs 60000 20800 39200 35% testfs2 60000 8328 51672 14% The following example shows a detailed display of a fileset that is the only fileset in the domain and that the fileset has a quota limit that is greater than the domain can hold: # vdf -l test#testfs Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Avail- able Capacity test 266240 5824 29128 231288 13% Fileset QuotaLimit Used Available Capacity testfs 300000 20800 231288 8% FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: df(1), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8), shfragbf(8) Files: advfs(4) vdf(8)