Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy Compress as one command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy Compress as one command Post 302140675 by findprakash on Monday 15th of October 2007 10:04:15 AM
Old 10-15-2007
Thanks porter. This is exactly was I was looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio command with compress

Hi friends.. I want to be able to copy a file from one location to another (locally). The location the files are copied to should have compressed instances of the files they were copied from. copy from /home/user/test.file copy to /backup/user/test.file.Z I need to be able to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. SCO

Help on compress command

Hello. Can any1 help me with the compress command. The -b option takes the number of bits used for encoding. can u expalin why this number of bits is used and for what purpose. what is the maximum number we can provide? In SFU these number has a valod range between 12 and 16 y?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compress and copy a Folder

hi Buddies , How can i Compress and move a folder through UNIX completely to windows 2000 through FTP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
1 Replies

4. Linux

lp command with compress mode

I want to know whether lp command is having option for setting compess mode in linux.Is it possible to pass escape characters to lp command to set printing in compress mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zita
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compress command

compress /var/opt/l2/amer/art2/USFINUM0200_.CSV compress /var/opt/l2/amer/art2/USFINUM200_.CSV compress /var/opt/l2/amer/art2/USFINUM020_.CSV compress /var/opt/l2/amer/art2/USFINUM20_.CSV Is there a way to shorten this or write it in a script. The file to be compressed will be USFINUM but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining mv and compress command

Hi All, I have a file in DirA/ABC.out a need to move to DirB.I am using the following steps now: mv DirA/ABC.out DirB compress -f DirB/ABC.out Is there a way to just do this one step as I have to move hundreds of files every hour. -Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and compress

Is there a way to copy a file and compress it at the same time? I realize the file can be copied and then compressed, but I was wondering if it's possible to do it in a one-line command and for that matter, if it would be more efficient to perform the operation with a one-line command? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command to compress a file

Hi, When we want to compress a file which is of huge size then what command is best for us.Kindly suggest on this. 1.Tar command or 2.gzip command OS -- Linux 2.6 Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - To copy and compress files one day ago

Hi dears, Hi All, I'm a new member of this Forum. I have need your help to handle this request. "I want to copy and Compress files not of today but of yesterday only using some script". For example I have the following files under a particular directory in a Solaris machine. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyJohn
7 Replies
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template - A class for creating Pod to Template wiki filters. SYNOPSIS
This module isn't used directly. Instead it is called via "Pod::Simple::Wiki": #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Pod::Simple::Wiki; my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('template'); ... Convert Pod to a Template wiki format using the installed "pod2wiki" utility: pod2wiki --style template file.pod > file.wiki DESCRIPTION
This module is used as a boiler plate or example of how to create a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" module. See the Portme section below. The "Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template" module is used for converting Pod text to Wiki text. Pod (Plain Old Documentation) is a simple markup language used for writing Perl documentation. For an introduction to Template see: http://www.portme.org This module isn't generally invoked directly. Instead it is called via "Pod::Simple::Wiki". See the Pod::Simple::Wiki and pod2wiki documentation for more information. PORTME
This module is used as a boiler plate or example of how to create a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" module. If you are thinking of creating a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" you should use this module as a basis. Portme. Any comments in the code or documentation that begin with or contain the word "portme" are intended for the "porter", the person who is creating the new module. You should read all of the "portme" comments and eventully delete them when the module is finished. The following are some suggested steps in porting the module. For the sake of example say we wish to convert Pod to a format called "portmewiki". Also for the sake of this example we will assume that you know how to install and work on a module or work on it in a local source tree using "-I./lib" or "-Mblib". Portme Step 1 Fork, clone or download the latest version of "Pod::Simple::Wiki" from the github repository: http://github.com/jmcnamara/pod-simple-wiki/ Copy the "/lib/Pod/Simple/Wiki/Template.pm" to a new module "/lib/Pod/Simple/Wiki/Portmewiki.pm". The module name should have the first letter capitalised and all others lowercase, i.e, the same as returned by "ucfirst()". Portme Step 2 Edit the module and replace all instances of "Template" with "Portmewiki" (case sensitive). Then replace all instances of "template" with "portmewiki" (case sensitive). Portme Step 3 The module should now work and can now be called as follows: use Pod::Simple::Wiki; my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('portmewiki'); The default output format, in this configuration is Kwiki. Portme Step 4 Write some tests. Copy the tests in the "/t" directory for one of formats that is similar to the format that you are porting. Portme Step 5 Modify the source of "Portmewiki.pm" until all the tests pass and you are happy with the output format. Start by modifying the "tags" and then move on to the other methods. If you encounter problems then you can turn on internal debugging: my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('portmewiki'); $parser->_debug(1); Or for more debug information that you can deal with: # At the start of your program and before anything else: use Pod::Simple::Debug(5); ... $parser->_debug(0); If you find yourself with a difficult porting issue then you may also wish to read Pod::Simple::Methody and Pod::Simple::Subclassing. Try to maintain the code style of this module. See the source for more information. Portme Step 6 Remove or replace all "portme" comments. Portme Step 7 Send me a git pull request or the tarred directory with libs and tests and I'll release it to CPAN. METHODS
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template inherits all of the methods of "Pod::Simple" and "Pod::Simple::Wiki". See Pod::Simple and Pod::Simple::Wiki for more details. Template Specific information Portme: Add some information specific to the Template format or this module here. If required. SEE ALSO
This module also installs a "pod2wiki" command line utility. See "pod2wiki --help" for details. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Portme McPortme and Portme O'Portme for patches, documentation or bugfixes. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Please refer to the DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY in Pod::Simple::Wiki. AUTHORS
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org Portme McPortme portme@portme.org COPYRIGHT
X MMIII-MMVIII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-08-28 Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)