Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to browse a web site using script Post 302140638 by kirantalla on Monday 15th of October 2007 03:56:25 AM
Old 10-15-2007
thank you guys,

but the issue is i am workin on aix machine and i dont have wget tools installed. and installin wget is not an option. i am pasting my script here .. plz have a look at it ..

Code:
WEBSERVER=aix85
WEBPORT=9088
URLDIR=/DmMethods/servlet/DoMethod
TOFILE=result.txt
echo "before telnet"
telnet $WEBSERVER $WEBPORT |&   # Open pipe to web server
echo "After telnet"
IFS=~
read -p HEAD1 2>/dev/null                    # Ignore telnet headers
read -p HEAD1 2>/dev/null
read -p HEAD1 2>/dev/null
print -p "GET $URLDIR HTTP /1.1" 2>/dev/null    # Send HTTP request to server
print -p "" 2>/dev/null
read -p LINE 2>/dev/null
echo ${LINE}
if [ "${LINE}" != "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" -a "${LINE}" != "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" ]; then
  echo "ERROR: Invalid response from Web Server: ${LINE}"
  exit 8
fi
while [ "${LINE}" != "" ]                    # Skip HTTP Headers
do
  read -p LINE 2>/dev/null
done
while read -p LINE 2>/dev/null               # Process web page contents
do
  echo "${LINE}" >> result1.txt
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site setup

Hi, I have a m/c loaded with redhat linux, static IP address and this m/c intern connected to the internet thro leaseline. Now i need to setup a company website has www.abc.xyz.com. What necessary configuration i need to do so that others can view our website. Thanks Bache Gowda (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Site Creation - testing .*pl etc....

Hiya All, How can I test my PERL Scripts whilst making my web site? I'm hoping there is some software out there that emulates a Web Server - without all the hassle of my building/setting up a Web Server from Stratch (Never done anything like that before - my next big project! 8) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
7 Replies

4. AIX

intranet web site

hello I would like to create an internal web site, but how do i make it with Aix ? I must to install apache and send my http pages in the declared repertory ? There are some configuration files to modify ?? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse Web pages through command line

Is there any way to browse web pages while on the command line? I know wget can download pages, but I was wondering if there was an option other than that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vroomlicious
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Web Site Performance Issue

Hi All, I am currently managing a web site. I find that during the peak time period,ie,between 1300hrs to 2100hrs everyday,the response slows down whenever i access the applications hosted by the server.However when i try to access the static content in the web server,it loads quickly. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
APACHE_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)						 1						 APACHE_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)

apache_request_headers - Fetch all HTTP request headers

SYNOPSIS
array apache_request_headers (void ) DESCRIPTION
Fetches all HTTP request headers from the current request. RETURN VALUES
An associative array of all the HTTP headers in the current request, or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.5.7 | | | | | | | This function became available in the CLI | | | server. | | | | | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | This function became available under FastCGI. | | | Previously, it was supported when PHP was | | | installed as an Apache module or by the NSAPI | | | server module in Netscape/iPlanet/SunONE web- | | | servers. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 apache_request_headers(3) example <?php $headers = apache_request_headers(); foreach ($headers as $header => $value) { echo "$header: $value <br /> "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-us Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 Host: www.example.com Connection: Keep-Alive NOTES
Note You can also get at the value of the common CGI variables by reading them from the environment, which works whether or not you are using PHP as an Apache module. Use phpinfo(3) to see a list of all of the available environment variables. SEE ALSO
apache_response_headers(3). PHP Documentation Group APACHE_REQUEST_HEADERS(3)