Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dos2unix permission problem
Operating Systems Linux dos2unix permission problem Post 302140612 by eric_wong_ch on Monday 15th of October 2007 02:41:33 AM
Old 10-15-2007
my root a/c umask is 0022
thz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Permission problem

I am having problems editing my options and profile etc. Whenever i do, i am getting a message that says I don't have any permissions. Can u tell me a solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyrak
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission Problem

Hi,I am a newbie, in a hp-ux box,i create a file testfile as root, ls -l testfile -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1 Jan 11 17:51 testfile then l login the box as user ivan,then I execute rm testfile It prompts me testfile : 644 mode ? (y/n) ,if I enter y,then the testfile is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition Permission Problem

I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.4.11. While modifying permissions using the Finder Info window on what I thought was a folder on a data partition, I inadvertently changed the permissions for the entire partition instead of the folder. Now I cannot access that partition nor any folders or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunky6767
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dos2unix command

hi friends i am using the dos2unix command to remove the ^M characters coming at the end of each line , but i getting the folowing message: > dos2unix file.sql could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed ---------file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dos2UNIX formatting problem

Hi, I was trying to dos2unix a file that has some special characters but dos2unix converted those into different format. I am working on sun server. I guess the default for dos2unix on sun server is ISO format . Can i change the format so that it does the conversion in UTF format? Because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies
PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)

NAME
pam_mkhomedir - PAM module to create users home directory SYNOPSIS
pam_mkhomedir.so [silent] [umask=mode] [skel=skeldir] DESCRIPTION
The pam_mkhomedir PAM module will create a users home directory if it does not exist when the session begins. This allows users to be present in central database (such as NIS, kerberos or LDAP) without using a distributed file system or pre-creating a large number of directories. The skeleton directory (usually /etc/skel/) is used to copy default files and also sets a umask for the creation. The new users home directory will not be removed after logout of the user. OPTIONS
silent Don't print informative messages. umask=mask The user file-creation mask is set to mask. The default value of mask is 0022. skel=/path/to/skel/directory Indicate an alternative skel directory to override the default /etc/skel. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT Insufficient credentials to access authentication data. PAM_PERM_DENIED Not enough permissions to create the new directory or read the skel directory. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known to the underlying authentication module. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/skel Default skel directory EXAMPLES
A sample /etc/pam.d/login file: auth requisite pam_securetty.so auth sufficient pam_ldap.so auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account sufficient pam_ldap.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022 session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_lastlog.so session optional pam_mail.so standard SEE ALSO
pam.d(5), pam(8). AUTHOR
pam_mkhomedir was written by Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)