Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting telnet shell script on red hat 9 cmd line only Post 302140567 by kypeswith on Sunday 14th of October 2007 01:53:01 PM
Old 10-14-2007
dang,

i should have lied about my intentions like the other posts i saw on the internet....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat shell

Good morning. I am using RedHat shell. when running the .out file of a program I wrote, I cannot see a terminal with the outputs. I know that the program runs, because the files to be changed are changed. how can I see the terminal (As I see it in windows)? Thanks, Ido. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginodii
2 Replies

2. Linux

red hat ent 4 cron script

hi i need to put the full path of every executable i need to put on my script. on the testing you don't need it but if it's running from cron you need to put the full path of the executable or another script. what's the work around for this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script in Bash 2.05b.0(1) and 3.2.25(1) Red Hat

Hi I have this script #!/bin/bash cat status.txt | while read LINE do linija="$LINE" echo $linija echo $linija | awk '{print $1}' > temp.txt koj=`tail -1 temp.txt` echo $koj echo $linija | awk '{print $2}' > temp1.txt kolku=`tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruzeil
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

HELP - Resource/Performance Monitoring Script - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Hi all, ------------------------- Linux OS Version/Release: ------------------------- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) Linux <hostname> 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jun 23 10:52:51 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a server that hosts 30+ Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat or CentOS CMD

Hello, I'm a Solaris Admin by trade and we are getting more Linux server in. I was wondering what command Red Hat uses for hardware faults? lets say you see the fault light on the server what command do you use to see what the fault is? for example the Solaris command is fmadm faulty. this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts migration from HP-Unix 11 to Red Hat Linux

We are changing our OS from HP-Unix 11 to Linux Red Hat. We have few k- shell, c - shell and sql scripts which are currently running under HP-Unix 11. Will these scripts work on LINUX as it is? or we need to do any code changes?IS there anyone who have done this kind of migration before?Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phoenix2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Red Hat and Ubuntu shell scripting

Are basic scripts in awk or bash or perl or other shell scripting languages the same in RHEL red hat as ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Red Hat: Error connecting using secure shell

Hi All, I am getting below error when I try to connect with ssh. Not sure why the error is on.I am able to connect from a different login from the same server (local: rhe/home/s3>) ssh acces1@91.1.12.102 Connection closed by 91.1.12.102 (local: rhe/home/s3>) ssh redhlinx102 Connection... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
ost::IPV4Host(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV4Host(3)

NAME
ost::IPV4Host - This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV4Address. Public Member Functions IPV4Host (const char *host=NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. IPV4Host (struct in_addr addr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. IPV4Address & operator= (unsigned long addr) Allows assignment from the return of functions like inet_addr() or htonl() IPV4Host & operator&= (const IPV4Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. Friends class __EXPORT IPV4Mask __EXPORT IPV4Host operator& (const IPV4Host &addr, const IPV4Mask &mask) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Address of a specific Internet host machine. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV4Host::IPV4Host (const char *host = NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. The internet host can be specified in a null terminated ASCII string and include either the physical host address or the DNS name of a host machine. Hence, an IPV4Host ('www.voxilla.org') can be directly declaired in this manner. Defaults to the IP address that represents the interface matching 'gethostname()'. Parameters: host dns or physical address of an Internet host. ost::IPV4Host::IPV4Host (struct in_addraddr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. Parameters: addr binary address of internet host. Member Function Documentation IPV4Host& ost::IPV4Host::operator&= (const IPV4Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. This is commonly used to coerce an address by subnet. IPV4Address& ost::IPV4Host::operator= (unsigned longaddr) [inline] Allows assignment from the return of functions like inet_addr() or htonl() Reimplemented from ost::IPV4Address. References ost::IPV4Address::operator=(). Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class __EXPORT IPV4Mask [friend] __EXPORT IPV4Host operator& (const IPV4Host &addr, const IPV4Mask &mask) [friend] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV4Host(3)