Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers count string occurance in a file hourly Post 302140512 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 13th of October 2007 10:30:39 AM
Old 10-13-2007
Quote:
Please help me, I need it asap. thanks a lot!
This is not recommended when you do post in the forum !

You had posted the input file but how do you like to have your output file, any sample for that ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the last occurance of string

I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines abcd<12></12>fdfgdf<12>sdfgfg<12> sdfsdf<12></12>ytunfg<12> hggfhf<12>rtysb<12>zdfgdfg<12> Now I wish to delete ONLY the last occurance of string <12> from every lines of code. That mease my final output will be like this:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkhanna01
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of matched pattern occurance

In a file a pattern is occured many times randomly. Even it may appear more then once in the same line too. How i can get the number of times that pattern appeared in the file? let the file name is abc.txt and the pattern is "xyz". I used the following code: grep -ic "xyz" abc.txt but it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert values in 1st occurance out of two occurance in a file

Hi I have a file which contains the following two lines which are same But I would like to insert the value=8.8.8.8 in the 1st occurance line and value=9.9.9.9 in the 2nd occurance line. <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurance of multiple strings using grep command

How to grep multiple string occurance in input file using single grep command? I have below input file with many IDP, RRBE messages. Out put should have count of each messages. I have used below command but it is not working grep -cH "(sent IDP Request)(Recv RRBCSM)" *.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count the number of occurance and increment

Hi, I am trying to count the number of occurance of a specific value in a column and increment the variable in the second column accordingly. I have very little information about Unix. As an example, 21 1 32 1 32 2 45 1 56 1 56 2 56 3 73 1 82 1 Thanks, Natasha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep string from hourly basis files

dear all, pls help on this script.. i have many files which will be created every mins in particular directory. i want to grep a particular string from only for unique hour files. from the below code i want to grep a string from only 9th hour files . Ex files: -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace every second occurance of a string

I want to replace every 2nd occurance of a string/character from a line. ababacbsbddbsbbcbdbssb i want to replace every s2nd b with @ like below should be like aba@acbs@ddbs@bc@dbss@ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need help] perl script to find the occurance of string from a text file

I have two files 1. input.txt 2. keyword.txt input.txt has contents like .src_ref 0 "call.s" 24 first 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 .src_ref 0 "call.s" 30 first 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI .src_ref 0 "call.s" 31 first 0x000003 0x6840 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert text after the first occurance of searched string entry in a file

My server xml file has huge data part of which i'm sharing below. I wish to add the below text held by variable "addthisline" after the closing braces i.e --> once the first </Connector> tag is found. addthisline="I need to be inserted after the comments" Thus my searchstring is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)