Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) How do you list the most recent files writen to a volume Post 302140442 by williamhsman on Friday 12th of October 2007 12:07:37 PM
Old 10-12-2007
How do you list the most recent files writen to a volume

Hi,

I have a couple of xRaids and recently over night something happened on one of the volumes which maxed out all the disk space.

What is the shell command to list the most recent files written to a volume as there are like millions of files on this share.

I'm thinking along the lines of du / df or a ls -ltr sort of things, I remember doing this on solaris before but forgot the commands.

Anyone know the commands to list the most recent files written?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files except most recent

#!/bin/ksh -xvf for arch_filename in `ls -lrt /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive | awk '{print $9}'`; do echo "rm -rf /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive/"$arch_filename rm -rf /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive/$arch_filename done I am running the above shell script every 10 minutes. I need to not delete the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To keep only the most recent files

Hi all, I'm running on a Sun Solaris machine. I would only want to keep the last 2 most recent files on 1 of my directory. Below shows my script, but it is incomplete. For the ?? part I do not know how to continue. please help:confused: DIR=/tmp/abc OUTPUT=/tmp/output.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week

Hi All, Here is a brief scenario for my requirement .. There is a directory in FTP Server, where would files be uploaded on weekly basic. I need to get those files which are uploaded during this week and not the files which are uploaded the previous week and download them to locale... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narramadan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort biggest most recent files

if i am in /tmp file, and i have a few DIRs under /tmp. i want to find the biggest and most recent files (from 7 days ago) in /tmp and subfolders. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Back up of recent modified files

Hi, I want to identify the files that are recently modified or with in a specified period (15 Days) in UNIX box. After identifying the files should be transferred to windows machine through FTP. The files should be overwritten in windows if it is already available. Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

7. AIX

List only the recent log files

Hi Friends, I have a list of files in a directory as shown below. It is basically in this format-> yymmdd.hhmmss.filename.out I want to list the latest log of each file. ie. the lastest a.out, b.out, c.out, which means I am looking for only the below 3 files out of these 5 files: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename (move) most recent files in directory?

I'm using cygwin32 on Windows. DN is an environment variable pointed at my download directory. This command works to move the single most recent file in my download directory to my current directory: mv "`perl -e '$p = $ARGV; opendir $h, $p or die "cannot opendir $p: $!"; @f = sort { -M $a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively copy directory only for recent files?

I love the -newerct flag for the Cygwin find command on windows. Can I use "/usr/bin/find . -newerct '3 hours ago'" to conditionally copy a directory tree so that only the files in the directory tree that are younger than 3 hours are copied to my destination directory such that the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job that checks for new/recent files

I'm new to shell scripting, and I want to set up a cron job that scans the date/time stamp of all files in a directory, and then if any file is, say, less than 10 minutes old, I want it to execute a command on that file. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks. Not sure if it makes a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidHoffman
1 Replies
volrecover(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrecover(8)

NAME
volrecover - Performs volume recovery operations SYNOPSIS
/sbin/volrecover [-g diskgroup] [-sb] [-o options] [volume | medianame...] OPTIONS
Options that can be specified to volrecover are: Starts disabled volumes that are selected by the operation. Volumes will be started before any other recovery actions are taken. Volumes will be started with the -o delayrecover start option. This requests that any opera- tions that can be delayed in starting a volume will be delayed. In other words, only those operations necessary to make a volume available for use will occur. Other operations, such as mirror resynchronization, attaching of stale plexes and subdisks, and recovery of stale RAID5 parity will normally be delayed. Performs recovery operations in the background. With this option, volrecover will put itself in the back- ground to attach stale plexes and subdisks, and to resynchronize mirrored volumes and RAID5 parity. If this is used with -s, volumes will be started before recovery begins in the background. Performs no recovery operations. If used with -s, volumes will be started, but no other actions will be taken. If used with -p, the only action of volrecover will be to print a list of startable volumes. Prints the list of selected volumes that are startable. For each startable volume, a line is printed containing the following information: the volume name, the disk group ID of the volume, the volume's usage type, and a list of state flags pertaining to mirrors of the volume. State flags and their meanings are: One of the mirrors was detached by an I/O failure One of the mirrors needs recovery, but the recovery is related to an administrative operation, not an I/O failure Neither kdetach nor stale is appropriate for the volume. Displays information about each task started by volrecover. For recovery operations (as opposed to start operations), a completion status is printed when each task completes. Displays commands that volrecover would execute without actually executing them. Lim- its operation of the command to the given disk group, as specified by disk group ID or disk group name. If no volume or medianame operands are given, all disks in this disk group will be recovered; otherwise, the volume and medianame operands will be evaluated relative to the given disk group. Without the -g option, if no operands are given, all volumes in all imported disk groups will be recovered; otherwise, the disk group for each medianame operand will be determined based on name uniqueness within all disk groups. Passes the given option argu- ments to the -o options for the volplex att and volume start operations generated by volrecover. An option argument of the form pre- fix:options can be specified to restrict the set of commands that the -o option should be applied to. Defined prefixes are: Applies to all invocations of the volume utility (volume starts, mirror resynchronizations, RAID5 partity rebuilds, and RAID5 subdisk recoveries) Applies to all invocations of the volplex utility (currently used only for attaching plexes) Applies specifically to plex attach operations applies specifically to volume start operations Applies to subdisk recoveries Applies to mirror resynchronization and RAID5 parity recovery DESCRIPTION
The volrecover program performs plex attach, RAID5 subdisk recovery, and resynchronize operations for the named volumes, or for volumes residing on the named disks (medianame). If no medianame or volume operands are specified, the operation applies to all volumes (or to all volumes in the specified disk group). If -s is specified, disabled volumes will be started. With -s and -n, volumes are started, but no other recovery takes place. Recovery operations will be started in an order that prevents two concurrent operations from involving the same disk. Operations that involve unrelated disks will run in parallel. EXAMPLES
To recover, in the background, any detached subdisks or plexes that resulted from replacement of a specified disk, use the command: # volrecover -b medianame If you want to monitor the operations, use the command: # volrecover -v medianame SEE ALSO
volintro(8), volplex(8), volume(8) volrecover(8)