Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic Drop down boxes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Drop down boxes Post 302140427 by cbkihong on Friday 12th of October 2007 10:40:18 AM
Old 10-12-2007
Use HTML with a single form element embracing all your drop downs ("select"s). You may need some Javascript to initiate script-triggered form submit when user changes the dropdown selection. As the form submission takes place, it will be received by Web server and the form processor is presumably a CGI script which receives the form parameters, re-generate the HTML to highlight the selected option and present an updated view based on what is selected. This CGI script can be written in Perl and executed from a CGI-enabled Web server.

If you understand HTML form processing and CGI, this should be a pretty straightforward task. Otherwise, please do some reading on this (i.e. HTML forms and Perl CGI scripting), as we cannot cover so much knowledge with such a tiny space here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drop Users

I know that this is a really simple and stupid question, but how do I drop / disconnect a user who is logged in? AIX 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trfrye
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read and drop files

I have hundreds of small files in csv format. I want to read them one at a time, insert the data into a table and then delete it. data1 to data999.txt files needs to be read and data to be added to a table. mysql -e"LOAD DATA INFILE 'data1.txt' INTO TABLE my_table;" if echo $? = 0 then rm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed but want to drop last line

Howdy all. I have some scripts that read a text file looking for a keyword, then returning all the text until another keyword and puts it into a new file. Problem is, sed returns the entire last line that contains the 2nd keyword, and I don't want it! Here's an example of the sed script line: ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: atc98092
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

drop down structure in file

I have file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, d40 113, begum, d40 I want to group this file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, 113, begum, can any one help me on this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop down menu

How to create a drop down menu in either bash or ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Drop out

My boss use a MacBook and he encounter with DNS drop out and he cannot surf website for 1-2 mins. The DNS Service of my company is on UNIX server. I try to delete some unused IP of DNS Server in resolv.conf and dhcp.conf and I try to update root.hint file but The problem is not fixed. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
5 Replies
Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Deployment - various deployment options DESCRIPTION
This file documents common deployment methods for Web::Simple. If you feel one is missing, please ask in the IRC channel and we'll work with you to add it. CGI
The most basic deployment option is as a CGI script loading and running your Web::Simple-module: #!/usr/bin/env perl use Your::Web::Simple::App; Your::Web::Simple::App->run_if_script; Save that as script.cgi and your web server will handle it correctly. Plack-Server This works in with exactly the same code as CGI deployment. However instead of letting your web server load script.cgi, you run this on the command line: plackup script.cgi Self-contained CGI Sometimes your app is so small that you have only one or two tiny classes that you want to run as a CGI script. Web::Simple offers a helpful mechanism to achieve that. #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; # enables strictures and warnings for the file # additionally, HelloWorld is upgraded to a # Web::Simple application { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world! It is a fine ' . HelloWorld::Helper->day ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } { package HelloWorld::Helper; use DateTime; sub day { return DateTime->now->day_name; } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)