Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reading the txt file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading the txt file Post 302140370 by maximas on Friday 12th of October 2007 04:57:33 AM
Old 10-12-2007
reading the txt file

hi to all

im having some 20,000 files in that im having some contents say the tabulation of biophysics lab readings ... and i want read tat file and look into tat wether a number say -18.90 is there r not .. and if there print tat no wit file name beside

thank youSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Characters from txt file

Hello, I am new to shell scripting, and I am trying to create a script that reads an input like the following firstname:lastname:age firstname:lastname:age firstname:lastname:age in a text file. I have a 2 part question. First how do I open the file in a shell script. And then how can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TexasGuy
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

4. Programming

Reading a particular line from a .txt file

Hi, I have a .txt file which contains the x, y and z co-ordinates of particles which I am trying to cast for a particular compound. The no. of particles present is of the order of 2 billion and hence the size of the text file is of the order of a few Gigabytes. The particles have been casted layer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugga
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading txt files using the awk

Dear Shell scripters, I have a small code which copy the txt files from some destination to file name OutPutFile. I want to modify this script to introduce several constant. The string it is reading is like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

' for reading (No such file or directory) `Solaris_websummary.txt

echo "1.1 Apply latest OS patches;" awk '/1.2 Install/ {P=0} P {print $0} FNR==1{printf("From file %s:\n", FILENAME)} /1.1 Apply/ {P=1}' solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt solaris_websummary.txt echo "1.2 Install TCP Wrappers;" awk '/1.3 Install/ {P=0} P {print $0}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
set_uformat(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      set_uformat(3alleg4)

NAME
set_uformat - Set the global current text encoding format. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void set_uformat(int type); DESCRIPTION
Sets the current text encoding format. This will affect all parts of Allegro, wherever you see a function that returns a char *, or takes a char * as a parameter. `type' should be one of these values: U_ASCII - fixed size, 8-bit ASCII characters U_ASCII_CP - alternative 8-bit codepage (see set_ucodepage()) U_UNICODE - fixed size, 16-bit Unicode characters U_UTF8 - variable size, UTF-8 format Unicode characters Although you can change the text format on the fly, this is not a good idea. Many strings, for example the names of your hardware drivers and any language translations, are loaded when you call allegro_init(), so if you change the encoding format after this, they will be in the wrong format, and things will not work properly. Generally you should only call set_uformat() once, before allegro_init(), and then leave it on the same setting for the duration of your program. SEE ALSO
get_uformat(3alleg4), register_uformat(3alleg4), set_ucodepage(3alleg4), set_uformat(3alleg4), uconvert(3alleg4), ustrsize(3alleg4), ugetc(3alleg4), ugetx(3alleg4), usetc(3alleg4), uwidth(3alleg4), ucwidth(3alleg4), uisok(3alleg4), uoffset(3alleg4), ugetat(3alleg4), use- tat(3alleg4), uinsert(3alleg4), uremove(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_uformat(3alleg4)