Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Piping to ex from a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Piping to ex from a script Post 302140262 by vgersh99 on Thursday 11th of October 2007 02:37:00 PM
Old 10-11-2007
Code:
printf '%cs/change this/to that/\nwq' '%' | ex file.name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirecting/piping

i want to fully undertand redirecting/piping. i know most of the basic stuff, like ls|less or cat file|grep hello etc etc. but there are a somethings like find / -name file 2>/dev/null. what's is the 2? i know it redirects the errors (at least Permission denied ones) to /dev/null (the unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping

I am using pipes (specifically piping out) in Perl to put an array from one file into an array in a different file. I can't figure out how to transfer the array. I kow how to open the pipe : open (FILEHANDLE, "| file") or die~ but how do I transfer the array. I think it has something to do with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lnatz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping / Executing

I've got a file with lots of commands I want to run in it. They're formatted like so: cp /path/to/file /path/to/new/file and on and on and on. Hundreds of them. Anyways, I'd like to execute them one at a time, then check what time it is, and repeat this process until 7am. I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProFiction
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script: piping passes command-line arguments

Dear forum I have the following small script: #!/bin/ksh echo -e "abba-o" | awk -F '-' '{ print $2 }' | cut -b 1It needs to be ksh.. in bash I don't have this problem. If I run this on opensuse 10.2 I get this as output: e If I run this on suse enterprise 10 sp2 then I get this: o ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gemtry
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem piping input to script with echo

I am trying to have a script run without interaction from the command line. So in my script i have a line like this echo -e "\n\n\ny\ny\n" | ./script the goal being the ability to mimic 3 Enter presses and 2 'y/n' responses with 'y' followed by enter. For some reason tho, it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcdef
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output from a command into bash script

Hi all. I am using procmail to deliver an email to a script I am developing. Procmail delivers the email to the script on standard input. I imagine this is the same as piping input from a command into the script. Hence I've been testing my script by running echo 'test' | sms-autosend-backup.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akindo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit code from piping in unix shell script

Hi , I have following code in my shell script : "$TS_BIN/tranfrmr" "${TS_SETTINGS}/tranfrmr_p1.stx" "${TS_LOGS}/tranfrmr_p1.err" | ( "$TS_BIN/cusparse" "${TS_SETTINGS}/cusparse_p2.stx" "${TS_LOGS}/cusparse_p2.err" | ( "$TS_BIN/tsqsort" "${TS_SETTINGS}/srtforpm_p3.stx"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to a python script

Hello, I have a python script (not created by me), let's call it myscript, which I call with several parameters. If I don't provide the --password parameter, the script will ask the user to input the password. So I run the script like this: /wherever/myscript --username=whoever... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gplayersv
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping commands

Hi I am tryin to undertand piping command1|command2 from what i learn output of cammand 2 is an intput for command 1 right? If so . What dose next sequence do cat f1 >> f2 | grep '^' I think it takes context of f1 and Concatenate's it to f2 and then looks for ....i don't know..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iliya24
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping the "script" command through the logger command.

I use the snippet below in /etc/profile on RHEL Linux to capture command line logging and it all works well and good. Now I'd like to pipe the same output from script through the logger command so it all gets logged to syslog. The only additional code I've added is in bold below (|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
4 Replies
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3) 	      HeimdalKerberos5library		   Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)

NAME
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions - Functions KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char *fmt,...) __attribute__((format(printf KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char *fmt, va_list ap) __attribute__((format(printf Detailed Description Function Documentation KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) Clears the error message from the Kerberos 5 context. Parameters: context The Kerberos 5 context to clear KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) Convert the getaddrinfo() error code to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from getaddrinfo(). system_error should have the value of errno after the failed getaddrinfo(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the EAI errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) Convert the gethostname() error code (h_error) to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from gethostname(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the gethostname errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char * fmt, ...) Set the context full error string for a specific error code. The error that is stored should be internationalized. The if context is NULL, no error string is stored. Parameters: context Kerberos 5 context ret The error code fmt Error string for the error code ... printf(3) style parameters. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char * fmt, va_list ap) Log a warning to the log, default stderr, include the error from the last failure. Parameters: context A Kerberos 5 context. code error code of the last error fmt message to print ap arguments Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)