Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hp dump files
Operating Systems HP-UX hp dump files Post 302140216 by csaunders on Thursday 11th of October 2007 10:45:39 AM
Old 10-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron
Output of UX dump files varies from system to system depending on requirements, etc.

Perform the following: man -k dump

The listing there will provide heaps of leads.

Hope that helps some Smilie

Cheers,
Cameron
# man -k dump
/usr/share/lib/whatis: No such file or directory

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tarring and gzipping dump files

Say I want to transfer several dump files from a Solaris machine onto a Win2k machine for storage. It was suggested that I tar and gzip the dump files before doing so. Is it completely necessary to use both of these utilities, or is it sufficient to compress multiple dump files into one gzip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PSC
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identifying core dump files.

I have come into a business environtment problem and had been 10+ years since the last time I did any unix admin work. A long time ago some mainframe person created an app that talked to a mainframe on UNIX and wrote a c program with "core" in the file name to indicate that the file was the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcooke2002
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Process does not dump any core files when crashed even if coredumpsize is unlimited

Hello Im using redhat and try to debug my application , its crashes and in strace I also see it has problems , but I can't see any core dump I configured all the limit ( im using .cshrc ) and it looks like this : cputime unlimited filesize unlimited datasize unlimited... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large zone file dump into multiple files

I have a large zone file dump that consists of ; DNS record for the adomain.com domain data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 CRLF CRLF CRLF ; DNS record for the anotherdomain.com domain data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 data6 CRLF (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluemerlin
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump Files

Hi, i'd like to know the command line to create a dump file from a non particular table, o database. I'm working with RedHat environment. Ayn idea would be helpful. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple .gz decompress files and dump other directory

I have code below for i in *.gz; do gzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done one more for i in *.gz; do gunzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done both are getting error: "gunzip: /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/ is a directory -- ignored " i have requirement below in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)