Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell design
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell design Post 302140146 by porter on Thursday 11th of October 2007 03:48:31 AM
Old 10-11-2007
Various people have had this task as a homework assignment, do a search on this website for various ideas and suggestions.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ class design

Can anybody tell me what is the best website or books to read for getting good knowledge in doing C++ class design. Please leave cplusplus.com or bjorne stroustrup. Other than these is there any website or book. Please do tell me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to design a simple multi tasking shell in unix using C language

can any one help me in designing a shell in unix like bash shell using c language plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobile01
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to design a program

i want to make a shell program. This program i give a current day and the result is to appear the celebrity and birthday(birthday and celebration is 2 txt files). In addition this procedure must do for a space day in future or past depend on user choice. Finally the program can run and as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytilini boy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To design a report using shell script

Short Description: To find the core files from a directory for the previous day and e-mail it across to a particular id. 1) Finding the core files in a directory. 2) The time is divided into eight fields and based on the time the respective field should be updated with the flag 1. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you design/create a script for this?

Hello ALL, I have a file say test.txt, data in that file is in format such that 1st column represents number of executions of particular function 2nd column represents total amount of time 3rd column represents function name I want to get the poor/slow performing function from this file.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate database design changes!

I need to create a script to automate creating a deployment for me by taking into consideration two input files. 1. design file of entire database, it has the entire database create statements. 2. logs which point to database objects that need to be fixed like below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Design

Hi all, I'm seeking an efficient and secure means of providing multiple named users access to files by their functional areas. For security, I've chosen SFTP using key pair authentication. The general principle is we have multiple users as follows: We have two type of files for Function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bagpuss
2 Replies
iv_task(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual							iv_task(3)

NAME
iv_task_register, iv_task_unregister, iv_task_registered - deal with ivykis tasks SYNOPSIS
#include <iv.h> struct iv_task { void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *); }; void IV_TASK_INIT(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_register(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_unregister(struct iv_task *task); int iv_task_registered(struct iv_task *task); DESCRIPTION
The functions iv_task_register and iv_task_unregister register, respectively unregister, a task with the current thread's ivykis event loop. iv_task_registered on a task returns true if that task is currently registered with ivykis. A task is like a timer, but with an immediate timeout. When a task is registered, unless it is unregistered again first, the callback function specified by ->handler is guaranteed to be called once, in the thread that the task was registered in, some time after control returns to the ivykis main loop but before ivykis will sleep for more events, with ->cookie as its first and sole argument. When this hap- pens, the task is transparently unregistered. Tasks are mainly used for scheduling code for execution where it is not appropriate to directly run that code in the calling context (for example, because the current context might be run as a callback function where the caller expects certain conditions to remain invariant after the callback completes). The application is allowed to change the ->cookie and ->handler members at any time. A given struct iv_task can only be registered in one thread at a time, and a task can only be unregistered in the thread that it was regis- tered from. There is no limit on the number of tasks registered at once. See iv_examples(3) for programming examples. SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), iv_examples(3) ivykis 2010-08-15 iv_task(3)