Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Social Security number?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Social Security number? Post 302139980 by shanekol on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 08:00:55 AM
Old 10-10-2007
Social Security number?

We have now been living in Vence for 3 months. My husband works for a large IT company.
How do we get hold of our Social Security numbers and Carte Vitale please?
Thanks

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help removing dashes from social security number

I have a file containing social security numbers with the format ###-##-####. I need to read each record in this file, reformat the SSN to the format #########, and write the record with the reformatted SSN to a new file. I am a UNIX newbie. I think I need to use either the sed or awk commands, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcia P
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Does anyone know any ways to protect social security number?

Hello everybody, I have been using my social security number for my taxation purposes. But, I have been recently intimidated by my lawyer that since the crime of identity theft has been on the high I should be careful in using it. I am really concerned about this and need to know whether there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanekol
1 Replies
Imager::Security(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Imager::Security(3pm)

NAME
Imager::Security - brief notes on security and image processing SYNOPSIS
# keep abreast of security updates apt-get update && apt-get upgrade yum upgrade pkgin update && pkgin upgrade # or local equivalent # limit memory use use Imager; # only images that use up to 10MB Imager->set_file_limits(bytes => 10_000_000); DESCRIPTION
There's two basic security considerations when dealing with images from an unknown source: o keeping your libraries up to date o limiting the amount of memory used to store images Keeping libraries up to date Image file format libraries such as "libpng" or "libtiff" have relatively frequent security updates, keeping your libraries up to date is basic security. If you're using user supplied fonts, you will need to keep your font libraries up to date too. Limiting memory used With compression, and especially with pointer formats like TIFF, it's possible to store very large images in a relatively small file. If you're receiving image data from an untrusted source you should limit the amount of memory that Imager can allocate for a read in image file using the "set_file_limits()" method. Imager->set_file_limits(bytes => 10_000_000); You may also want to limit the maximum width and height of images read from files: Imager->set_file_limits(width => 10_000, height => 10_000, bytes => 10_000_000); This has no effect on images created without a file: # succeeds my $image = Imager->new(xsize => 10_001, ysize => 10_001); You can reset to the defaults with: Imager->set_file_limits(reset => 1); AUTHOR
Tony Cook <tonyc@cpan.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-04 Imager::Security(3pm)