Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10 Post 302139972 by pulse77 on Wednesday 10th of October 2007 06:40:27 AM
Old 10-10-2007
Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10

Hi,
Iam trying to get make a serial connection to an Ultra 10 from my laptop. I've set the output to goto ttya in the nvram parameters. Iam using a db9 converter at the laptop end and a db25 converter at the ultra 10 end-I know the adapters are fine and so is the cable. Iam just not able to get it out on hyperterminal (Default settings-baud-9600). Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks !!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ultra 10/30

Hi, I am planning to purchase a sun ultra 10 or 30, i was wondering what is the difference between them. I tried looking up for sun documentation and cannot find any info. Please help me. Thanks Soul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning SED output to a variable = trouble!

i'm on a Mac running BSD unix. i have a script in which i ask the user to input the name of a mounted volume. i then call SED to substitute backslashes and spaces in place of the spaces. that looks like this: echo "Enter the name of the volume" read Volume echo "You've chosen \"$Volume\""... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble using read to store values in variables from command output

I know there are caveats about using read in pipelines because read is treated by a subshell. I know this but I can't think of any way to accomplish this regardless, I'm still a rookie. I hope somebody will be able to interpret what it is that I'm trying to accomplish and correct me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Ultra 5 serial console problem

Hi I have a stupid problem with ultra 5 console connection. I can't connect to serial port with my laptop. I made these configurations from ok prompt: OK setenv input-device ttya OK setenv output-device ttya OK setenv auto-boot? false I tried to connect to machine with cisco rollover... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noizer`
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with a file path as awk output in for loop

When I run the following command in the shell it works fine. It prints a city name and then a path for a file. ~$ for i in `awk -F':' '{print $0}' /home/knoppix/Desktop/data/subs | grep -m 1 $ city | sed "s/:/ /"` >do >echo $i >done Now, when I place it in this shell script (sh) it prints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroCluster
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble Setting Up Sun Ultra 10 - Displaying Garbage

Hello there, I am new to this forum as well as to the UNIX world. Recently graduated with a degree in Computing and just started learning UNIX & bought 3 Sun Ultra 10 Servers. I was trying to set the Servers up so I can use them; the Servers don't have a VGA card. My laptop, which I would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhan2u
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Ultra 10

I have Sun Ultra 5/10 UltraSPARC-IIi 440 Mhz ) OpenBoot 3.19 with 1024 MB and IDE disk I have the following error shown in the attached photos and video kindly advise (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies
XtAppSetTypeConverter(3)					   XT FUNCTIONS 					  XtAppSetTypeConverter(3)

NAME
XtAppSetTypeConverter, XtSetTypeConverter - register resource converter SYNTAX
void XtAppSetTypeConverter(XtAppContext app_context, String from_type, String to_type, XtConverter converter, XtConvertArgList con- vert_args, Cardinal num_args, XtCacheType cache_type, XtDestructor destructor); void XtSetTypeConverter(String from_type, String to_type, XtConverter converter, XtConvertArgList convert_args, Cardinal num_args, XtCa- cheType cache_type, XtDestructor destructor); ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context. converter Specifies the type converter procedure. convert_args Specifies how to compute the additional arguments to the converter or NULL. from_type Specifies the source type. num_args Specifies the number of additional arguments to the converter or zero. to_type Specifies the destination type. cache_type Specifies whether or not resources produced by this converter are sharable or display-specific and when they should be freed. destructor Specifies a destroy procedure for resources produced by this conversion, or NULL if no additional action is required to deallo- cate resources produced by the converter. DESCRIPTION
XtSetTypeConverter registers the specified type converter and destructor in all application contexts created by the calling process, including any future application contexts that may be created. XtAppSetTypeConverter registers the specified type converter in the single application context specified. If the same from_type and to_type are specified in multiple calls to either function, the most recent over- rides the previous ones. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.5 XtAppSetTypeConverter(3)