Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamically redirect output to duplicate files ??? Post 302139779 by radoulov on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 07:04:09 AM
Old 10-09-2007
With zsh:

Code:
zsh 4.3.4% { print $ZSH_VERSION;x;} >log1 >log2 2>&1
zsh 4.3.4% cat log1
zsh: command not found: x
zsh 4.3.4% cat log2
zsh: command not found: x
zsh 4.3.4%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect duplicate lines from a file????

Hi, I am having a file which contains many duplicate lines. I wanted to redirect these duplicate lines into another file. Suppose I have a file called file_dup.txt which contains some line as file_dup.txt A100-R1 ACCOUNTING-CONTROL ACTONA-ACTASTOR ADMIN-AUTH-STATS ACTONA-ACTASTOR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect output(error and normal) to 2 different files

Hello, I have a java program which i am calling in shell script. I wanted to redirect output to 2 differetn files. Output should have both 1 & 2 (normal and error) in both file. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate value comparing 2 files and create an output

I need a perl script which will create an output file after comparing two diff file in a directory path: /export/home/abc/file1 /export/home/abc/file2 File Format: <IP>TAB<DeviceName><TAB>DESCRIPTIONS file1: 10.1.2.1.3<tab>abc123def<tab>xyz.mm1.ppp.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output and Error in 2 different files

hi, i want to redirect my output & error if generated to two different files. I have written the code for redirecting the output, i dnt have ne idea how to go abt it for errors. I tried spooling which was given in one of the threads on this forum.But it didn't work.The script i wrote as a lot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate files and output list

Gents, I have a file like this. 1 1 1 2 2 3 2 4 2 5 3 6 3 7 4 8 5 9 I would like to get something like it 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 3 6 7 Thanks in advance for your support :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print loop output on same line dynamically

Hi, I am trying to print copy percentage completion dynamically by using the script below, #!/bin/bash dest_size=0 orig_size=`du -sk $sourcefile | awk '{print $1}'` while ; do dest_size=`du -sk $destfile | awk '{print $1}'` coyp_percentage=`echo "scale=2; $dest_size*100/$orig_size"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
fizsh(1)							       fizsh								  fizsh(1)

NAME
fizsh - friendly interactive zshell. SYNOPSIS
fizsh [OPTIONS]... [ARGUMENTS]... DESCRIPTION
Fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fizsh provides zsh with interactive syntax-highlighting and a MATLAB-like history-search. Fizsh is intended to look and feel similar to fish. A distinguishing feature is that fizsh can handle Bourne compatible syntax. This is because fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fish uses its own syntax. CONFIGURATION
$HOME/.fizsh is the directory where fizsh keeps its configuration files. The file $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc serves as the user's local startup script. Local customizations, such as aliases and functions, can be added here. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc allows the same syntax as $HOME/.zshrc under zsh. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizsh_history is default name of fizsh's history file. The other files in $HOME/.fizsh are installed by /usr/bin/fizsh. In order to reinstall these files use: /usr/bin/fizsh -r or /usr/bin/fizsh --reinstall. Compared to the default configuration of zsh, fizsh additionally sets the options "histignorealldups", "histignorespace", "histreduceblanks", "incappendhistory", "interactivecomments", "promptsubst", "correct" and "nobeep". For further configuration details consult zsh's man pages. INVOCATION
Fizsh is meant to be invoked without options and without command-line arguments. The only supported command-line options are "--version", "--help", "--login", "--reinstall", "-v", "-h", "-l" and "-r". "--version" or "-v" yields fizsh's version number. "--help" or "-h" causes fizsh to print brief usage information. "--login" or "-l" cause fizsh to be a login shell. "--reinstall" or "-r" will reinstall some of fizsh's configuration files (see above). If invoked with other command-line options and/or arguments fizsh will silently revert to zsh. BUGS
There are no known bugs at the moment. Bug reports, bug fixes and other comments are welcome. NOTES
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. AUTHOR
Written by Guido van Steen, based on work by the "zsh-syntax-highlighting contributors" and the contributors to "zsh-history-substring- search". SEE ALSO
zsh(1) fish(1) Version 1.0.2 9 Aug 2011 fizsh(1)