Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter unwanted lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter unwanted lines Post 302139747 by vino on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 04:29:09 AM
Old 10-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynon
Can you explain you code so that i can understand better ?
sed -n -e "/k=/p" -e '/^\*\*.*07$/p' inputfile

sed's default behaviour is to print out the pattern space it reads. Turn it off with the -n flag.

-e "/k=/p" Look for all lines containing the pattern k= and then print those lines.

-e '/^\*\*.*07$/p' Look for all lines starting with ** and ending with 07 and the print those lines. The ^ is a placeholder for the start of a line and $ is likewise for the end-of-line.

We need to check for actual ** and so escape it as \*\*.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Remove the unwanted Blank Lines

I have a file with the below data, i would like to remove the end blank lines with no data. I used the below commands but could not able to succeed, could you please shed some light. Commands Used: sed '/^$/d' input.txt > output.txt grep -v '^$' input.txt > output.txt input.txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep out unwanted lines

Hi, I got a log file and I want to grep out a list of unwanted line which are IP's. Basiclly I want everything ecxept the ip's from my list. If I do a while read line do grep -v $ip_from_my_list logfile done <ip_list it just grep's one IP at a time and repeats. :( Thanks for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) to remove unwanted entries

Ok, i have a .kml file that that i want to trim down and get rid of the rubbish from. its formatted like so: <Placemark> <name><!]></name> <description><!</b><br/>Frequency: <b>2437</b><br/>Timestamp: <b>1304892397000</b><br/>Date: <b>2011-05-08... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phear46
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of unwanted lines

Hi , My output contains the below contents When i execute df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' i get output as below tpshghghg.fgh.com:/vol/scmvol1/scm-vobstore/WebArch.vbs 1.7T 1.3T 452G 74% /vob/WebArch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter lines common in two files

Thanks everyone. I got that problem solved. I require one more help here. (Yes, UNIX definitely seems to be fun and useful, and I WILL eventually learn it for myself. But I am now on a different project and don't really have time to go through all the basics. So, I will really appreciate some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: latsyrc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter multiple lines

Hi. I need to filter lines based upon matches in multiple tab-separated columns. For all matching occurrences in column 1, check the corresponding column 4. IF all column 4 entries are identical, discard all lines. If even one entry in column 4 is different, then keep all lines. How can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk prints unwanted new lines

Hello, I need a little help with the following: I'm using AWK to read input from a comma-seperated value file, and only printing certain fields like so: awk -F "," '{print $1,$3,$6}' /list.csv | tail -1 Which outputs the following: server1 APPID OS I run into a problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter ONLY lines with non-printing charaters

I have a file contains data with non-printing characters. i have used cat -v filename to display whole data with non-printing characters also. However, i need lines with non-printing characters into seperate file. My file is huge and looks like i have to manully find lines using cat -v filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
SVK::Command::Log(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SVK::Command::Log(3)

NAME
SVK::Command::Log - Show log messages for revisions SYNOPSIS
log DEPOTPATH log PATH log -r N[:M] [DEPOT]PATH OPTIONS
-r [--revision] ARG : ARG (some commands also take ARG1:ARG2 range) A revision argument can be one of: "HEAD" latest in repository {DATE} revision at start of the date NUMBER revision number NUMBER@ interpret as remote revision number NUM1:NUM2 revision range Unlike other commands, negative NUMBER has no meaning. -l [--limit] REV : stop after displaying REV revisions -q [--quiet] : Don't display the actual log message itself -x [--cross] : track revisions copied from elsewhere -v [--verbose] : print extra information --xml : display the log messages in XML format --filter FILTER : select revisions based on FILTER --output FILTER : display logs using the given FILTER DESCRIPTION
Display the log messages and other meta-data associated with revisions. SVK provides a flexible system allowing log messages and other revision properties to be displayed and processed in many ways. This flexibility comes through the use of "log filters." Log filters are of two types: selection and output. Selection filters determine which revisions are included in the output, while output filters determine how the information about those revisions is displayed. Here's a simple example. These two invocations produce equivalent output: svk log -l 5 //local/project svk log --filter "head 5" --output std //local/project The "head" filter chooses only the first revisions that it encounters, in this case, the first 5 revisions. The "std" filter displays the revisions using SVK's default output format. Selection filters can be connected together into pipelines. For example, to see the first 3 revisions with log messages containing the string 'needle', we might do this svk log --filter "grep needle | head 3" //local/project That example introduced the "grep" filter. The argument for the grep filter is a valid Perl pattern (with any '|' characters as '|' and '' as '\'). A revision is allowed to continue to the next stage of the pipeline if the revision's log message matches the pattern. If we wanted to search only the first 10 revisions for 'needle' we could use either of the following commands svk log --filter "head 10 | grep needle" //local/project svk log -l 10 --filter "grep needle" //local/project You may change SVK's default output filter by setting the SVKLOGOUTPUT environment. See svk help environment for details. Standard Filters The following log filters are included with the standard SVK distribution: Selection : grep, head, author Output : std, xml For detailed documentation about any of these filters, try "perldoc SVK::Log::Filter::Name" where "Name" is "Grep", "Head", "XML", etc.. Other log filters are available from CPAN <http://search.cpan.org> by searching for "SVK::Log::Filter". For details on writing log filters, see the documentation for the SVK::Log::Filter module. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Command::Log(3)