Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (sed) parsing insert statement column that crosses multiple lines Post 302139719 by Ygor on Tuesday 9th of October 2007 12:23:31 AM
Old 10-09-2007
Or...
Code:
awk '{print "\042" $0 "\047"}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert multiple lines into a file

Hi all, I've got some problems with editing a big configuration file .. its about 2k lines long.. anyway what I need is to place certain text to certain line number.. lets say I need to place "Something" on line 980 .. "something" else on line number 1500 and so on without tempering the rest of... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to insert multiple lines before pattern

I'm attempting to insert multiple lines before a line matching a given search pattern. These lines are generated in a separate function and can either be piped in as stdout or read from a temporary file. I've been able to insert the lines from a file after the pattern using: sed -i '/pattern/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zksailor534
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile parsing with variable, multiple criterias among multiple lines

Hi all I've been working on a bash script parsing through debug/trace files and extracting all lines that relate to some search string. So far, it works pretty well. However, I am challenged by one requirement that is still open. What I want to do: 1) parse through a file and identify all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminder
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can sed be used to insert data at specific column?

I'm trying to use sed to insert data at a specific column, let's say my data looks like this: 0553 1828 0552 1829 0550 1829 0549 1830 0548 1831 what I want is this: timein 0553 timeout 1828 timein 0552 timeout 1829 timein 0550 timeout 1829 timein 0549 timeout 1830 timein 0548... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mswartz
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert two lines

I have done this sed command to insert one line after a specific string is found: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string' file1 But how do I insert two lines? This is not possible: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string \a new line string 2' file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if the insert statement is using column names

Hi, Input- a file comtaining a procedure or function with various statements in that one of the statement would be insert into table1 (a,b,c) values (1,2,3) ourput required true if insert statement is using column name (a,b,c) else false. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert text if column empty

Hi, I want to insert the text 'Unknown' in 2 specific columns in a csv file (actually | separated) if the column is blank. Its always the same columns. I have tried using sed: sed "s/||/|Unknown|/g" but there are occasion where other fields are blank and they need to be left blank. This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksexton
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a fixed column text file in sed

I have a text file with records of the form: A X1 Y1 X2 Y2 X3 Y3 where A is character length 10, Xi is character length 4 and Yi is numeric length 10. I want to parse the line, and output records like: A X1 Y1 A X2 Y2 A X3 Y3 etc Can anyone please give me an idea of how to do this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text between lines

Hello, I am trying to insert a section of text between lines in another text file. The new lines to be inserted are: abcd.efgh.zzzz=blah abcd.efgh.xxxx=blah Where N = 0 to 2 Original File: abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsu3000
3 Replies
DB2_LAST_INSERT_ID(3)							 1						     DB2_LAST_INSERT_ID(3)

db2_last_insert_id - Returns the auto generated ID of the last insert query that successfully executed on this connection

SYNOPSIS
string db2_last_insert_id (resource $resource) DESCRIPTION
Returns the auto generated ID of the last insert query that successfully executed on this connection. The result of this function is not affected by any of the following: o A single row INSERT statement with a VALUES clause for a table without an identity column. o A multiple row INSERT statement with a VALUES clause. o An INSERT statement with a fullselect. o A ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT statement. PARAMETERS
o $resource - A valid connection resource as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). The value of this parameter cannot be a state- ment resource or result set resource. RETURN VALUES
Returns the auto generated ID of last insert query that successfully executed on this connection. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A db2_last_insert_id(3) example The following example shows how to return the auto generated ID of last insert query that successfully executed on this connection. <?php $database = "SAMPLE"; $user = "db2inst1"; $password = "ibmdb2"; $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); if($conn) { $createTable = "CREATE TABLE lastInsertID (id integer GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY, name varchar(20))"; $insertTable = "INSERT INTO lastInsertID (name) VALUES ('Temp Name')"; $stmt = @db2_exec($conn, $createTable); /* Checking for single row inserted. */ $stmt = db2_exec($conn, $insertTable); $ret = db2_last_insert_id($conn); if($ret) { echo "Last Insert ID is : " . $ret . " "; } else { echo "No Last insert ID. "; } db2_close($conn); } else { echo "Connection failed."; } ?> The above example will output: Last Insert ID is : 1 PHP Documentation Group DB2_LAST_INSERT_ID(3)