Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl questions - more
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl questions - more Post 302139685 by frustrated1 on Monday 8th of October 2007 05:38:01 PM
Old 10-08-2007
Found something that might help - I can get the modified time of a directory..

$filename='D:\Documents and Settings\admin1\Desktop\Perltest';

@attrs = stat($filename);
print "Time of last inode change (ctime) = " . localtime($attrs[9]) . "\n";

How do I tell in perl now that the modification time is within last 2 hours?

ie. I want to alert if modification time is not within last 2 hours or 1 hours... SmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and Perl interaction questions

hi. i´m working in bash and am trying to create a Perl daemon that controls bash´s behavior. this is actually in preparation for a later project i´ll be working on. basically, i´m looking for a way to have the Perl daemon tell bash what to do. i already have a small daemon that simply prints... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deryk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: answering automatically to install questions

Hi everybody, I have been looking for an answer to this issue both on google and on the forum, but I couldn't find anything. please help me :eek: As part of an automated (in perl) install of Solaris 9, I would like to be able to answer automaticaly to the question the installer asks.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

chess perl program questions

Hello guys, While going over the book, I ran into this chess program and I have few questions 1) on line 40), why is not $chessboard-> ) ??? 40 unless (defined $chessboard->) { 2) 20 foreach my $i (reverse (0..7)) { #Row 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -w 2 # 3 # 4 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl questions

New to perl and a few questions - usually used to shell scripting but have to write a script to check a few things on windows server and need help.. 1. Check for file missing in sequence.. ie. list of file in directory as follows: file0001.txt file0002.txt file0004.txt file0005.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl newbie questions!

Hi, So I started to learn perl a few days ago, and I have some problems... One of my problems... #!C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe -w use LWP::Simple; print "Content-Type: Text/Plain\n\n"; sub pagelinks { return @all = get($_) =~ /href\s*=\s*"?(+)/gis; } @a =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Time::Seconds(3pm)