Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to create folder wen the condition satisfied Post 302139601 by maximas on Monday 8th of October 2007 06:06:21 AM
Old 10-08-2007
how to create folder wen the condition satisfied

hi

i hav files ha1j ha2m ha3n ha4q ha5s ...like tat im having some 20 files ..and i want to create a folder as the same amount of files which im having wen the condition if loop is satisfied ..

thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print remaining file after a condition is satisfied

Hi , could any one suggest me that how to determine if the first field is numeric and if it is greater than another number then from that point everything else should be printed using awk. I have tried this : awk -v xxxx=$xxxxx ' BEGIN { enable=0 } { print $1 if ( ( $1 !~ "^*$" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing old file name to new one if the old file name satisfied certain condition

Hi guys, I desperately need your help on my problem:- I got a folder in my directory that has many files in it. Most of the file's name is starting with certain prefix. Eg: ABC, CDE, EFG, etc. I only want to change file name that is starting from certain prefix and the rest I want them to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balzzz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

until loop : running even if condition is satisfied

I am checking one until loop with the following logic until || |||| do sleep 30 done before running this i am exporting above variables to SUCCESS.But the loop is running in infinite loop.My requirement is to make the loop run until all the 3 variables are SUCCESS or any of the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a condition for a non-included string

hey, just want to ask how to check this scenario a="apple banana cherry" if egg=0 fi how do you do the condition? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If both condition satisfied

pattern tin loop 3 tin xarg 1 tin jim 5 tin icon 2 tin tour 4 patn.out tin loop 3 tin jim 5 tin icon 1 tin tour 2 while read one two three do awk '$2 ~ /'"$two"'/' patn.out || while read four five six do awk -v n1=$three -v n2=$six '{BEGIN (n2<n1)?1:0}' done<patn.out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Dynamic if condition

Create Dynamic If condition Hi, I have a file color.txt which has data as shown below Red Blue Green Yellow White Pink Black Based on a variable I execute a tail command as shown below tail -${LEFT_OVR} color.txt LEFT_OVR can be any number less than count of number of lines in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create folder by using if and elif condition?

Hi All, I have already code to create folder for one country let say US , now we want to create folder/directory for JP country also using shell script , application server. $COUNTRY='US' if ] then if mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/TEST/$COUNTRY/$INVOICE >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
5 Replies
RMM(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMM(1)

NAME
rmm - remove messages SYNOPSIS
rmm [+folder] [msgs] [-unlink | -nounlink] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
By default, rmm will remove the specified messages by renaming each of the message files with a site-dependent prefix (usually a comma). Such files will then need to be removed in some manner after a certain amount of time. Many sites arrange for cron to remove these files once a day, so check with your system administrator. Alternately, if you wish for rmm to really remove the files representing these messages, you can use the -unlink switch. But messages removed by this method cannot be later recovered. If you prefer a more sophisticated method of `removing' messages, you can define the rmmproc profile component. For example, you can add a profile component such as rmmproc: /home/foouser/bin/rmm_msgs then instead of simply renaming the message file, rmm will call the named program or script to handle the files that represent the messages to be deleted. Some users of csh prefer the following: alias rmm 'refile +d' where folder `+d' is a folder for deleted messages, and alias mexp 'rm `mhpath +d all`' is used to "expunge" deleted messages. The current message is not changed by rmm, so a next will advance to the next message in the folder as expected. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message SEE ALSO
refile(1), rmf(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to cur `-nounlink' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. BUGS
Since refile uses your rmmproc to delete the message, the rmmproc must NOT call refile without specifying -normmproc, or you will create an infinte loop. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMM(1)